[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rock music is in a global crisis. People are growing up in this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
Rock music is in a global crisis. People are growing up in this age while never experiences the glory of great rock music. No bands have come to take the throne from the greats of yesteryear. How do we save rock music?
>>
b8
>>
>>61336876
Kill your idols
>>
You can't save rock music
But rock music can save you
>>
>>61336876
its pastoral music
quit holding everyone back and do something new
>>
BORN
>>
>>61336876
there are still good indie rock bands, the music's evolved a bit but still sound amazing
>>
IN
>>
WIIIIIIIIIIILD
>>
>>61336950
>pastoral music

you don't know what that means...
>>
>>61336876
Don't worry:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5vr_Vhoumc
>>
>>61336876
Get the strokes to make is this it part 2
>>
>>61336876
There's plenty around it's just that no one cares about rock now. Why? I really don't know, it's a fairly bland genre that can't be explored any more if you're just talking about basic hard rock that is.
>>
>>61337738
That exists already, it's called Room On Fire.
>>
>>61336901
Awol, go to bed.
>>
There's nothing left to do. It's all been done. Look at the few great bands that are still around and tell me their latest albums aren't wildly unimaginative. Leave it in the past so it can be romanticized for the rest of the century, maybe there will be a revival some time down the line but this kind of redemption can't happen if bands keep trying to cling to it and release whatever tripe they can come up with.
>>
>>61337763
Well we're fucked then
>>
>>61336901
Suck my
dick
>>
File: 1450596924711.jpg (65 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
1450596924711.jpg
65 KB, 601x601
>>61337870
I don't wanna live in a world where rock bands are only playing in front of 10 people and they're forced to disband because they can't get any gigs.
>>
FYI metal and punk are rock subgenres.
>>
>>61337763
Part 3 2016?
>>
>>61337870
>>61337917
See >>61337706
>>
people who think rock is dead are only looking at the top forty charts. There are dozens of metal, indie, and punk scenes blowing up right now if you bother to look for them
rock isn't dead, it's just rock isn't at the top of everything right now, which has to be expected considering it's been the dominant genre for half a century
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 750x405) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 750x405
>>61337993
this
>>
>>61336950
country music/edm
>>
>>61337993
It's not dead but it's tried and boring.
>>
>>61336876

More concerning is that the youth have not managed to create anything compelling enough to replace it.
>>
>>61336876
>People are growing up in this age while never experiences the glory of great rock music

Every rock music ever made is easily accessible by way of Internet.
People are growing up in an age where they can literally listen to whatever they want, whenever they want,
people can now not only listen to G'n'R whenever they want, they can also listen to hundreds of their live shows, and their unreleased demos whenever they want.
People experience more rock now than people did when rock was topping the charts.
>>
>>61338393
that's beautiful anon
>>
http://www.somethingawful.com/your-band-sucks/who-will-save/
>>
>>61338307
YOU HAVE TECHNICIANS HERE, MAKING NOISE
NO ONE IS A MUSICIAN
THEyRe NoT aRtIsTs b/c NO ONE is pLAYiNg the GUiTARRRRrrrrRRR!!!!

-you
>>
>>61336876
yea u right. not enough ppl listen to post malone
>>
>>61336876
Fall out boy - save rock and roll
>>
>>61336901
go on jump into the void
>>
>>61336876

>How do we save rock music?

Have young aspiring rock musicians listen to the blues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHowqKYSXNI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ri7TcukAJ8
>>
>>61336876
let it fucking die shit genre anyways <:^)
>>
>>61340854
What if young aspiring rock musicians listen to jazz?
>>
>>61337989
If they manage to do that, they'd pretty much confirm my AOTY 2016 with that.
>>
>>61340914

Why not both?
>>
clutch
>>
>>61336876

>Why can't people just making the same shit over and over again forever?

Do you really want this? You realise the purpose of music in the world isn't just duplicate the sound that YOU happen to like over and over again until everyone fucking kills themselves from how sad and contrived it is. There are literally enough great rock records that have been made that you can and always will be able to access to keep you busy for the rest of your life if you want. There really is. So don't fucking pine for the state of music to just be some eternally repeating loop of one particular genre, and don't cry because a style that was once popular isn't any more. You can still listen to Appetite For Destruction to your hearts content. It's a great record. But you know what? So is the new Tame Impala record. So is the new Unknown Mortal Orchestra record. So are lots of new records from bands that don't have guitars or much rock influence as well. It's fine dude. Be excited about all the cool new shit that's going on while still loving the classics.
>>
>>61336876
You sound like my bitch ass fucking professor who I had a huge argument with. And the worst part is she wasn't being ironic about it
>>
>people think rock music is dead
>don't even look at low-brow festival circuits
>>
>>61340854
I dunno. I'm not sure if rock music really needs more pentatonic scales and vibratos right now. I'd like to see more focus on creating rich melodies with a dank atmosphere.
>>
Rock became popular as an argument, as a statement against the straight edge music that was popular before its time. As rock and roll evolved, the more it was used as a way to say "Fuck You" to societal standards, to older ideals where hedonism and sex were not allowed. As time went by, more music was created, while rock became more mainstream. Now that the generations that repressed rock have gone and those who lived through rock's glory days are getting older, it has become less about the great Sex, Drugs, Rock N' Roll, and more about nostalgia. By /mu/'s standards, rock should be seen as edgy and contrarian. It should be seen as tryharding. While yes, rock has produced great music, it does not need to be saved. Rock will live on, but it will not be what it once was. The same can be said for all types of music. The popularity of musical styles is tied to the evolution of the cultural zeitgeist, and because it has changed in this way, it will fade. But it will not die, and in fact I predict it will make a resurgence as more legislation regarding the suppression of privacy passes in the US. However, it will not be saved for good.
>>
File: Seth.jpg (28 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Seth.jpg
28 KB, 400x400
>>61336876

Make your own rock music. Simple as that. If you want something done right you have to do it yourself.
>>
File: 3094.jpg (29 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
3094.jpg
29 KB, 400x400
Metal has replaced rock
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.