[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think about Jack White?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5
File: jack-white-2014.jpg (36 KB, 599x373) Image search: [Google]
jack-white-2014.jpg
36 KB, 599x373
What does /mu/ think about Jack White?
>>
I dont like him or his music
>>
>>61326937
Started the whole broblues movement in the 00s, so not much
>>
The George Lucas of music.

Ridiculous self-important savant who accidentally stumbled upon a magic formula that was truly great for a few albums before he blew it all to shit because he has completely wrong ideas about what people used to like about him.
>>
>dat pic

edward scissorhands
>>
>>61326937
pretty good at guitar, writes some nice songs, but I don't like his attitude or his weird little teeth
>>
>>61326987
>tfw I look like Edward Scissorhands with acne
>>
>>61326937
The Stripes were great. The Raconteurs were pretty good. Sam for The Dead Weather although their last album was just okay. His first solo album was good. His second solo album was pretty shitty. He's also way too obsessed about the whole "muh vintage rock'n'blues'n'shit" thingy.
>>
>>61327171
this guy right here /thread
>>
File: JJAR.jpg (169 KB, 711x890) Image search: [Google]
JJAR.jpg
169 KB, 711x890
Boring. Uninteresting. Typical.

He was pretty entertaining in Coffee and Cigarettes though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL9bq3YmHJo
>>
File: whoa.jpg (579 KB, 2158x3000) Image search: [Google]
whoa.jpg
579 KB, 2158x3000
I was wicked into him in high school and loved the White Stripes. Now his shit kinda bores me but I definitely enjoy some of his shit once in a while Girl You Have no Faith in Medicine and Fell in Love with A Girl are always good jams.
>>
>>61326960
fuck you Casey
>>
File: 1403825194739.jpg (750 KB, 1453x965) Image search: [Google]
1403825194739.jpg
750 KB, 1453x965
>>61327171
>>61327246
>implying there's something wrong with blues rock
>>
>>61327480
blues rock is fine if it's done right. Jack white just doesn't do it right. He used to be alright with it but his stuff is sounding more and more like middle aged white dad blues, like post Layla Clapton shit. Derek Trucks is infinitely better at blues rock, you should listen to him instead.
>>
He aight. White stripes was his best work
>>
>>61326937
Blunderbuss was his best album
>>
Meg is his sister and they had a retard baby together, but no one talks about that.
>>
>>61327937
Nope, she's not
>>
>>61327937
They were a divorced couple you nincompoop
>>
I think Elephant is really good, but I never went further, nor do I feel like it.
>>
>>61326937
It's the typical artist posers say they like to sound "unique and underground".
He sucks tho.
>>
>>61327937
>takes things at face value once
>>
>>61326937
Looks like a character Johnny Depp would act as
>>
He looks like Zorro on doughnuts.
>>
>>61326937
STARRING MICHAEL CERA AS "THE CROW"
>>
>>61326937
he'll be fine
>>
>>61326937
>>61327171
This pretty much. I'm a big fan of TWS but I never really liked The Dead Weather. But yeah, he's definitely still one of my favorite musicians. Plus Third Man Records is pretty dope
>>
>>61326937
He's ok, but he's no Lemmy.
>>
>>61326937
He's a good guitarist, but his talent is wasted on pop shit nowadays.
>>
>>61326937
Jack started the movement. Dan Auerbach made it better
>>
>>61327463
Hi Jack
>>
File: hahahaha.jpg (6 KB, 166x250) Image search: [Google]
hahahaha.jpg
6 KB, 166x250
hahaha
>>
>>61326986
Great comparison.
>>
>>61326937
White Blood Cells and Elephant are good, rest is garbage
>>
>>61327451
>Fell in Love with A Girl
Joss Stone did it better 2bh fem
>>
he's pretty memey but still good and I like him

White Stripes will be forever GOAT to me
>>
>>61326937
I respect him more for his production work at 3rd string over his artistry. however those are basically intertwined. he is the best there is at breaking down the walls of genre separation. working with greats like Loretta and black milk. really putting people on
>>
>>61327451
This... is basically exactly my opinion.
>>
>>61332605
Apples and oranges.
>>
>>61326937
As a person, the dude is a fuckin creepy little cokehead who starts shit with too many people for no reason, seems like a right prick, and he's too obsessed with "muh vintage" sound and style.
White Stripes were pretty good, Raconteurs pretty bad, Dead Weather was very good imo, solo albums had one good song for every bad one.

I can totally understand why he'd be pissed with The Black Keys, after all, he starts a blues rock revival, and then short after, they swoop in, sell better, and win awards that very well could have been his, but he acted like a fuckin kid with it.

I don't think he's super innovative or groundbreaking as a musician, but I like very much that he is a hard worker and is always doing shit, being a workaholic at something you like is basically the only virtue I have and characteristic I value the most, and I admire him for that
>>
>>61329279
If you look at Jack White, his appearance is one that fluctuates constantly between looking like either

A) Johnny Depp
or
B) Johnny Knoxville
>>
>>61326937
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEH7Lr51KdM
>>
I absolutely love The White Stripes, think Blunderbuss was great, and honestly think Lazaretto was solid. I'm not big on his other projects, although the first Dead Weather record wasn't bad.

He needs to back away from making so much stuff, and concentrate on putting out one really great record for the next 3-4 years.
>>
>>61326986
Whoa, dude, that's a bit harsh. I mean, he's never put out anything that's been widely regarded as completely terrible.
>>
I've heard he's a bit of a cunt, but I don't really give a shit. I'm always down to jam to a little white stripes, and request it occasionally on the radio station I listen to, but I didn't care for his solo albums.
>>
>>61326937
Nothing he does will ever live up to the White Stripes but that is okay. His side projects + solo stuff is mehhh to garbage.

His label has some interesting stuff. I own several of the Live at Third Man series lps and signing Wolf Eyes/Timmy's Organism/Video proved to be 3/3 as they all released good stuff. I think his rockist fanbase doesn't appreciate those bands and that's okay with me.
>>
>>61326937

His solo stuff sucks.
>>
>>61327480
>implying kids obsessed with a bygone age, idolizing an arrogant edgelord and learning how to attack anyone that has a different taste than them is a good thing
>>
Love Jack White. De Stijl is one of my favorite albums of all time.
>>
>>61326937
overrated as fuck, his only good song is fell in love with a girl, and seven nation army but only because it sound cool when people hum it during football games
>>
>>61326937
Cocky af
>>
He excels at being ok.

Which is a decent thing to be good at.

He'll be remembered, but when anyone is asked their opinion, the most common response will be "yeah I guess he was pretty decent."

He's not blowing anybody away but he also doesn't have anything that's overwhelmingly bad.
>>
>>61327171
I am a big fan of everything Jack White has made and I agree with this guy.
>>
>>61327629

Songlines is a fucking dope album
>>
>THIS IS A NO BANANA TOUR
>>
>>61335604
>>61333669
Stories?
>>
>>61326937
Even though I like to pretend that I do not care for him. Deep down I like him and find a lot of similarities between us. I guess asshole birds of the feather will flock together.
>>
I like his stuff but his solo albums tend to go to shit after the first couple of songs.

I just want him to play solo acoustic blues to be honest.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.