[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /mu/ I'm trying to learn the piano even though I suppose
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 1448949745509.jpg (77 KB, 566x720) Image search: [Google]
1448949745509.jpg
77 KB, 566x720
Hey /mu/ I'm trying to learn the piano even though I suppose it's a bit late age-wise. I'm currently trying to learn Erik Satie's Gymnopedo no. 1 because it's relatively easy (or so I have found so far)

What should I learn after?

pic unrelated
>>
>>61318161
omg cute doggy
>>
>>61318170
ikr so cute doggo
>>
how are you learning? should you first end a method?
>>
>>61318161
>it's a bit late age-wise
how old are you?
80? 90?
do you have arthritis? are you developing dementia? are you close to death?

if not, why would you think it's too late for you to learn something?
>>
>>61318195
I'm too lazy to learn in the proper way. I literally have no idea what you mean by "end a method" I'm that uncultured.
>>
>>61318203
JUST....DO IT! YESTERDAY, YOU SAID TOMORROW. DON'T LET YOUR MEMES BE DREAMS. SO JUST DO IT!
>>
>>61318213
I just started too, (1 month and a half)
stop whatever you are doing.

pick up alfred basic adult all in one 1

start actually learning
>>
>>61318241
why tho?
>>
File: 58359829358.jpg (172 KB, 446x1000) Image search: [Google]
58359829358.jpg
172 KB, 446x1000
>>61318241
>get the pdf
>it wants me to learn how to read sheet music again
Fuck it. I guess I'd have to learn sometime.
>>
>>61318335
link to the pdf?
>>
>>61318335
I started with the pdf but since you would have to print it, it's actually cheaper to buy it (20 bucks) plus one version comes with a dvd that has some videos of executioin and midi files (not that I've ever used them, but I'll probably will, at least the audio).

that said, the book itself doesnt really check if you know the notes, mostly it uses a "pattern" system, as in: "from this note you go down 1, so its the finger before". Basically Im at page 80 and even if I know most of the notes, I dont really think about them, instead of the distance from where Im playing
>>
>>61318361
bookzz(dotorg)/book/540584/df9dac/?_ir=1
pls no ban,automatic filter
>>
>>61318397
danka danka
>>
What are your goals as a pianist? Do you want to mostly do classical piano? Do you want to improvise?
>>
>>61318502
I want to learn classical, yes.
>>
>>61318161
Are you planning to be a classically trained pianist? Then Hannon is a must. Do every single exercises every day and master playing every single scales/arpeggios.
Then you may train yourself with some easy Czerny etudes and gradually move onto harder ones.
At least that's how I started out back when I was 9. It took me years before I could start tackling Chopin and Liszt etudes. Being classically trained takes years of dedication.
>>
>>61318645
*Hanon
>>
>>61318645
Thanks, Yes I know it's a very large task, I'm expecting to be proficient in about...10 years?
>>
>>61318645
is ragtime hard to play? I mean I expet so, but how much?
>>
OP here, should mention that my end goal is romantic classical piano. .E.G, Chopin, Beethoven.
>>
>>61319544
If you really want to get to that level you should try and find someone who has a piano studio. Having lessons and opportunities to perform is what will help you become a better musician.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.