[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tycho
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Dream as a memory.jpg (4 KB, 174x174) Image search: [Google]
Dream as a memory.jpg
4 KB, 174x174
Does anyone else on /mu/ listen to tycho?
>>
>what are you?
>free!
I love that track
>>
>>61311674
Tycho if the definition of meh
>>
>>61311674
I like his older work and some of his newer work
>>
>>61311674
They're okay. I like the jingly guitar stuff
>>
>>61311674
Daydream is my fav.
>>
>>61311674
was a huge far for a while there. really loved Dive and liked Past is Prologue or whatever... at this point though i've found artists that do similar things and do them better.
>>
>>61312699
Can you name some of them?
>>
probably Tycho be chillin
>>
>>61312699
Like who, please?

Bonobo? Emancipator?
>>
>>61311718

Right. It's all just so inoffensive.
>>
>>61311674
Yup, just picked up Awake on vinyl for $6 today.
>>
>>61312699
>>61312866
instead of Tycho i've come to love Bibio, Boards of Canada, Steve Hillage, Brian Eno's ambient, some of Chick Corea's stuff (similar moods), and so on... of course none of these are simply "Tycho but better" -- they're all different styles and even genres, sure, but collectively they're subjectively better than Tycho

also i'm not a huge fan but you'd probably like Virtual Boy's s/t
>>
>>61313199
>they're subjectively better than Tycho
clarification: at his own game

specifically i recommend Bibio's "Silver Wilkinson." it singlehandedly ended my Tycho phase. and even *it* isn't that groundbreaking, but still technically and musically has more depth than Tycho's work, I'd argue
>>
Saw him in concert, he was pretty good, but people aren't wrong when they say better things exist though, but still nice to listen to every once and a while. Congrats on him getting so popular though, he has over a million views on youtube now for Dive.
>>
>>61313405
This.
Some artists objectively suck. Tycho is really good at what he does, which is chill out music done plain and simple. But none of his stuff is stand-out awesome. I don't think his style lends itself to "really good" songs.
>>
>>61313258
this Bibio "Silver Wilkinson" is great. What next???
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.