[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how does it feel to know that even Kevin Parker thinks this album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5
File: pile of shit.jpg (17 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
pile of shit.jpg
17 KB, 225x225
how does it feel to know that even Kevin Parker thinks this album is "unlistenable"?
>>
>>61307403
http://pitchfork.com/features/profiles/9683-cosmic-neurotic-the-heady-perfectionism-of-tame-impalas-kevin-parker/
>>
Source?
>>
>>61307403
NOT THE GREATEST FEELING EVER
>>
>>61307414
right here >>61307412
>>
I don't care. I think it's perfectly listenable and I listen to it often.
>>
hes talking about being a perfectionist and exaggerating. Hes being overly critical and humble at the same time.
>>
>>61307543
I feel sorry for you
>>
are you the same guy that made the other thread? you really hate kevin, we get it. You cant stand the fact that people like him and his music, its cool.
>>
>>61307583
nah, I did contriboot to that thread tho
>>
lol what is it going to take for these p4k plebs to accept that this album sucks? the goddamn guy who made it just openly admitted that it's trash and you're all still grasping at straws to defend it. the tame impala fanbase is a cesspool of denial and cognitive dissonance
>>
>>61307403
I don't think this album sucks. It has some enjoyable moments but it's far from great. Absolutely NOT a 9.3
>>
>>61307448
hehe
>>
>>61307647
are you actually that retarded that you think he literally just flat out said his own album sucks? do you know how to read? right before it theyre talking about how hes a perfectionist. And then he says in a tongue cheek way, that he still thinks its unlistenable to his standards. the majority of artists think like this.
>>
>>61307708
this desu
>>
>implying the opinion of the artist should have any bearing on whether or not you like the art

why don't plebs understand this?
>>
>>61307750
kek
>>
>>61307730
everybody on mu is too autistic to understand or read into things like this.
>>
>>61307403
first half is great
2nd half he's right unlistenable shit. worst songs they(he) have ever made.
>>
whatever. as long as you fags stopped trying to say that this is the best psych record of the decade then you can be in denial all you want
>>
>>61307882
Then what is the best psych album so far, desu?
>>
>>61307403
How does it make you feel that the author essentially ignores that statement because it was obviously taken out of context by the author on purpose to be elaborated on later and it is essentially meaningless to the article's theme.
>>
>>61307967
get over yourself, the album is front loaded and sucks. He said it was terrible because it was and
the editor ignored it because he didn't to get negative feedback on the article, you dip
>>
nice baiting thread you got here, if only people didn't give a shit
>>
>>61308038
lel, hooked you, didn't it?
>>
>>61307403
>file name tho
>>
>>61308026
Frontloaded? So? It doesn't mean what I said wasn't true.
>>
>>61308068
ye but its okay I was only talking about other people. I know I'm flawed but it's alright we live in a free world god bless america
>>
>>61308115
I'm not american
>>
>>61308115
nice save, pleb
>>
>>61308026
“For us, it's a big joke that we're playing these big shows,” Parker says, alluding to the somewhat seat-of-the-pants approach the quintet takes on tour. “It's completely absurd because we're just us; I'm just fuckin' Kevin. We're just these fuckin' idiots onstage.”

“But recording is different,” he clarifies. “Because, for me, recording music couldn't be further from a joke.” At this point, he has just wrapped Currents, an album that he recorded, produced, and mixed himself while holed up in a beachside shack in his hometown of Perth, Australia. He’s still reeling from the obsessive undertaking days after sending in the final cuts. Sitting across from me in a hotel bar shopped up to look like something out of a Rat Pack movie, he doesn’t look particularly well-rested, or well-nourished, or well-anything.

“I didn't realize it would add a completely extra dimension of absolute nervous breakdowns,” Parker says, talking about the new album’s one-man recording process. “I was just sitting in my studio going, ‘Fuck. How am I going to do this?’”
Funny that I enjoyed the album despite your perception of Parker's feelings on it anyway but somehow I have to get over MYSELF. Despite what Robert Fripp thinks of Beats I still like it myself. Please tell me more about how musical taste works.
>>
>>61308137
then you're no one
>>
>>61308185
kek, still dancing around the question
>>61307647
listen to this guy
>>
>>61308248
>further demonstrating your inability to infer meanings from text
As I said, his statement is inane when taken by itself. If you read the whole of the article, Parker clearly doesn't hate his own record, the article was fairly clear on that. All of that being said, it doesn't make me feel anything at all, which I inferred.
>>61308185
hurr durr
>>
>>61307448
FUCK TREVOR
>>
>>61308324
>further holding onto hope that a shit album has any substance
>>
>>61308482
>Knowingly taking words out of context to validate your own negative opinions
hahahah, only the plebest of plebs manufacture narratives in order to form opinions
>>
>>61308962
its all opinionated, pleb scum
>>
>>61308992
>extending his virginity every time he posts
truly the greatest pleb
>>
>>61309021
>perjecting virginity

>>61308992
>perma virgin

But seriously, the album was okay at the beginning, but seriously began drop to garbage status
>>
>>61309478
>perjecting
>pretends to understand psychology with this spelling ability
I actually am a virgin :( you might have been right
>>
great thread
>>
>>61309548
Girls like good music, usually.
try listening to some real psych like hendrix or cream desu
>>
/thread
>>
File: image.jpg (312 KB, 1350x1227) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
312 KB, 1350x1227
>>61307960
>>
I really REALLY really wish that Tame Impala would stop being a thing here

thanks =)
>>
>>61309754
I'm going to make TONS and TONS of threads about them just to piss you off you faggot I don't give a FUCK about you

nigga tryna stop discussing about a band on a MUSIC board smdh
>>
>>61307403
I'd agree with him
>>
>>61309822
they are just kinda lame and well tame desu. seems like you are the mad one here
>>
This is the shittiest thread I've ever seen.
>>
>>61309956
kek
>>
File: tumblr_mq32jajzgw1rt0ih2o1_500.gif (993 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mq32jajzgw1rt0ih2o1_500.gif
993 KB, 500x334
This is by far his best album.
>>
gotta say, Innerspeaker was the magnum oppus of tame impalas career.

Does anybody think they can top that?
>>
Did he write the album while doing a bunch of coke and listening to the Bee Gees?
>>
File: spooked solid.jpg (24 KB, 301x367) Image search: [Google]
spooked solid.jpg
24 KB, 301x367
Vaporwave + Bee Gees = Currents
>>61310068
>>
>>61309715
this came out??
>>
>>61310116
Nigga are you twelve?
>>
>>61310042
>gotta say, Innerspeaker was the magnum oppus of tame impalas career.
agreed

>Does anybody think they can top that?
judging by the trajectory of their career i'm going to say hell no
>>
File: 5905200.jpg (1 MB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
5905200.jpg
1 MB, 2400x2400
>>61309715
lol my bad. i was confusing it with the visually similar ty segall record that's supposed to come out soon. i've never been a big fan of deerhunter
>>
>>61310328
meant to reply to
>>61310184
>>
>>61310328
you've never been a fan of the biggest psych pop indie groups of the 10s? no wonder you are pleb
>>
>>61307960
idk but i can think of tons that are better than currents. just off the top of my head

destruction unit - deep trip
follakzoid - ii
flaming lips - the terror
thee oh sees - floating coffin
ty segall band - slaughter house
goat - world music
white fence - cyclops reap
uncle acid - bloodlust/the night creeper
>>
>>61310555
nice trips. they just never really stood out to me as anything special. it's catchy but not much more beyond that. it just seems like bland dream pop that's barely even psychedelic. i like some testosterone in my psych rock
>>
>>61310627
I liked mutilator defeated at last better imo annon
>>
>>61309822
Sanity, literal profanity - hit me!
>>
Personal AOTY even though the last couples of tracks were just average, I'd honestly go as far as to say that this album is underated. It was hyped up in it's first month but then just went off the radar, now with everyone pulling out lists I'm not even seeing in top 50s and those top 50s are usually littered with shit
>>
>>61310655
why can't you like both? I think Deerhunter portrays a certain feeling other psych bands wish they could understand. And yeah dudes with long hair is very masculine, testosterone filled, like TY Segaol, you're right

I enjoy both Segaol and cox' music. But Deerhunter is a little more forward thinking, has better lyrics, more pop, etc
>>
>>61311260
Kek album of the year.
GTFO normie
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.