[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I'm pretty pissed off about this. I went to the store
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_o00pgqjTxs1uh3hwjo1_1280.jpg (225 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o00pgqjTxs1uh3hwjo1_1280.jpg
225 KB, 720x1280
So, I'm pretty pissed off about this. I went to the store with my dad (I don't live with him), to pick up a kick pedal for my drum kit that I got for Christmas. So, the guy behind the counter pulls out this thing. So, he basically says "I'll give it to you for 100 dollars, but it's probably a really good deal". Either the guy knows jack shit about kick pedals, or he's just really eager to rip people off. I go and research the pedal, it's discontinued, went for 20 or 30 dollars on ebay in multiple auctions, plus the comparable one of today is like 50 dollars.

So I'm like, dad let's go get our money back. He's like nah, it's the best we can do right now, unless you want to return it and wait for a new one; plus we can support a local business. What the fuck though, I'm just pissed off because I could have a much better drum pedal. Idk, just tell me how shitty this drum pedal is, so I can feel better, or tell me how great it is so I can feel better. Idk. I'm pissed.
>>
Sounds like you got gamed son

Do your research beforehand next time
>>
It's an indonesia Yamaha FP6210, fyi.
>>
sorry your dad is a shmuck
>>
just buy a drum machine, dude
>>
kek. You're an idiot OP
>>
>>61295143
Now this is actually not cool. Sorry man, but I actually want to play drums. I also hate fucking around with programming electronics and shit. The whole reason I got a drum is so I could do multi tracking, without having to fuck around with drum programming and stuff. Trust me, I would much rather do this. I have no guidance on this besides myself, maybe you people with nice college degrees and music backgrounds can do this stuff. This is what I know how to do, this is what I can manage to figure out without guidance. Honestly, you can't tell me that trying to pursue drums isn't awesome, you'd just sound like a moron.
>>
File: sonorperfectbalance.jpg (63 KB, 640x469) Image search: [Google]
sonorperfectbalance.jpg
63 KB, 640x469
100 dollars?! You could have gotten a HP600D Tama Iron Cobra for that price, or a P-930 Pearl Demonator.

I feel sorry for you. Here, save up for this one.
>>
>>61295207
Well if you're actually that serious about it maybe do a google search or two about equipment before you just go out and start buying shit, doesn't take a college degree to do that
>>
>>61295213
>HP600D Tama Iron Cobra
>>61295103
>>61294970
It's cool, we're going to return it. I just talked to them on the phone and we're going to try to get our money back. I hate dealing with parents. They're like "I think you're thinking about it too much" when I called them up. It's like, nah, I think you're just a fucking moron (I was thinking it, but didn't say it). Honestly, I'm so glad I moved out and don't have to live with them anymore, lol. That's one of my biggest pet peves, is when I come to someone with something bothering me, but they come back with a really ignorant counter point before they even understand my frustration. I had to actually tell them that it was more difficult to use because it was wobbly when I tried to use it (because it actually fucking is).
>>
>>61294953
>unless you want to return it and wait for a new one
Do this.
>>
u can go to the strore alone to return it if you want to, isnt there usually like a 14 day return period or something. u dont need ur dad in it just the receipt
>>
>>61295207
>The whole reason I got a drum is so I could do multi tracking
you can program drums on multiple tracks. many hardware machines also have multi outs. thats cool if you wanna play drums but don't be stupid about other methods
>>
>>61295213
Thanks for the help man, I'll try to get one of these when I return this other one.
>>
>>61295292
I'm 21, dude. Please don't say that to me, it hurts.
>>61295259
Dude, I'm getting so tired of this. It's like, as soon as I mention my parents people get all sanctimonious and act like they're above me. It's nice of him to drive me up to the music store, because he has a car. He doesn't have to help me return it, no. I'd really rather not have people making fun of me for getting my parent's help with something.
>>
>>61295350
i wasnt being mean but i get it can sound like that. hell i'm 26 and my parents do stuff like that for me too. just saying ignore ur dad if u think differently from him. i can see his view point too tho. all this returning is a lot of hassle. but he may not kno the products and their value
>>
>>61295350
Already deleted it, sorry :^)

Just buy your hardware online. No need to support local businesses that have a shitty stock and rip you off.
>>
>>61295400
I understand, my bad.
>>
>>61295350
Assuming you live in Europe:
http://www.thomann.de/gb/single_bass_drum_pedals.html?filter=true&oa=prd&price-first=80&price-last=120

DW 2000 is lovely. €103,00 is a great price for such a pedal. Tama Iron Cobra HP600D for €98,00 is also a great option.

You can also go for the Sonor SP 473: a solid pedal for half the price.
>>
>>61295518
America, but thank you.
>>
File: TAM HP600D.jpg (20 KB, 291x400) Image search: [Google]
TAM HP600D.jpg
20 KB, 291x400
So I'm probably gonna get the
Tama HP200P Iron Cobra 200 Single Pedal single pedal. It's like 70 dollars on amazon, that one's been recommended like 2 or 3 times by now.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.