[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No wave
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 250x250
What is your favorite no wave album and why? This will also serve as a no wave general discussion.
>>
No wave?
more like No thanks
>>
>>61290717
I like no wave, but this was fucking great.

kekking into the 5th dimension.
>>
where do you go after lydia lunch projects?
>>
>>61291107
high school
>>
>>61291107
No New York is the starting point, ususally
after that, the compilation for Mars, DNA on DNA, Buy by the Controtions, Theoretical Girls compilation, Glenn Branca's Lesson No. 1 and The Acension

my favorite is probably DNA on DNA, though it's mandatory to see them on video to take in everything they were:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKOhni-j9_M
>>
File: tumblr_mn23k7nNl31rn3t64o1_1280.jpg (216 KB, 695x937) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mn23k7nNl31rn3t64o1_1280.jpg
216 KB, 695x937
>>61290717
kek
>>
No New York, because it's a good introduction to the No Wave genre.

Buy-The Contortions, because it's funky fresh!

Album picture posted by OP because CRASS were probably listening to this on a daily basis along with Monster Movie by Can when they first formed. (Particularly the track Father Cannot Yell)
>>
The Ascension desu
>>
>>61291203
lol

>>61291250
>>61291107
Yes, and Glenn Branca's Theoretical Girls/Theoretical Record is super fun. I like The Ascension and Lesson No. 1, and they're more in line with what you might want after listening to LL stuff but Theoretical Girls is great for anyone who says that James Chance is the best act on NNY.

Also what on earth was Eno doing when he recorded NNY? Like, what drew him to these groups and what effect did they have on his own composition/production?
>>
File: suicide.jpg (23 KB, 242x242) Image search: [Google]
suicide.jpg
23 KB, 242x242
thoughts on this? overrated? underrated? how involved/influential was Suicide in the New York scene?
>>
https://youtu.be/E92qnnRlQ2w
>>
>>61291107
the alan parsons project :-)
>>
Do you like forcing shitty fucking memes like a degenerate faggot with nothing to do?

You do? Good. The first step towards being a better person is acknowledging you're a piece of shit.

Your "no wave" meme has never been funny. Never will. Nobody scrolls down the catalog, sees your post and laughs. They fucking ignore it. Why? Because you're a pathetic little 9gag crossposting memester with nothing better to do besides force shitty memes on an anonymous imageboard. Get a life. Go outside. Stop making fucking threads about a fucking buttrock band being death metal. We're sick of this. I'm sick of this." meme has never been funny. Never will. Nobody scrolls down the catalog, sees your post and laughs. They fucking ignore it. Why? Because you're a pathetic little 9gag crossposting memester with nothing better to do besides force shitty memes on an anonymous imageboard. Get a life. Go outside. Stop making fucking threads about a fucking buttrock band being death metal. We're sick of this. I'm sick of this.

But you know what? No. I won't stop there. Have you ever sat down and thought, "I could be productive?" Have you? If you haven't then here's a newsflash. In that time it took to create this thread you could have called that one girl that looks at you longingly and request a date. But no, you post a fucking "no wave" thread. Ever stop to think about what you could be doing if you didn't waste your life away in your parents' basement posting memes?

You could be an astronaut. You could be the CEO of a profitable company. You could be rich. Or, instead, you chose to post memes.

That said, It's cover does kinda look like pretty good. Fuck off, meme poser
>>
>>61292911
>Stop making fucking threads about a fucking buttrock band being death metal

If you're going to post that copypasta, at least change that bit to suit the thread.
>>
Lydia is a talentless hack
DNA, contortions and Suicide are the better of the bunch imo
Also, the debut EP by Swans is severely underrated
>>
Lydia Lunch is a talentless cunt, but I would still hit it and quit like every single other able bodied man did back in the late 70s/early 80s in Manhattan.

She was the No Wave bicycle.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.