[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you guys really stop to sit and listen/pay attention to an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 3 dots fac.png (2 KB, 213x165) Image search: [Google]
3 dots fac.png
2 KB, 213x165
Did you guys really stop to sit and listen/pay attention to an album or listen while doing something else?
>>
i have a regular 45 minute commute in my car, so it's not hard to find time to give almost undivided attention to whatever music i'm listening to
>>
Depends.
>>
>>61285855
I can't just sit and stare at my computer screen while listening to an entire album, I'm to ADHD to focus, but if I take a walk, it provides enough stimulation that I can listen to the album without zoning out too badly.
>>
Sometimes I'll listen to a whole album while I'm falling asleep or waking up. But that's the closest it gets.
>>
I usually do something else like browse here and eventually just close my eyes and listen to it.
>>
>>61288995
This
>>
>>61289997
Meant this, oopsie
>>61290038
>>
>>61285855
It varies. I like atmospheric stuff, but some atmospheric stuff works best when you are doing something else, while some works better when focused on.
>>
>>61286844
depends on the album
>>
>>61285855
depends on mood and setting
honestly i don't think i could describe when i would or would not give an album undivided attention

but as a general rule, if it's the first time i'm listening to it, it'll be an attentive listen
>>
My answer is both. I'll carve out time to just sit and listen to an album. A majority of the time I'm doing something else though. Unless I'm directly in conversation, working, or socializing with other people, I have an album playing no matter what I'm doing.
>>
File: Berserk.jpg (130 KB, 910x693) Image search: [Google]
Berserk.jpg
130 KB, 910x693
>>61285855
Right now I'm reading Berserk while listening to "He Has Left Us Alone but Shafts of Light Sometimes Grace the Corner of Our Rooms"
To answer your question I do both
>>
I drive a lot so that gives me a good amount of time to actively listen to music, though even at home when I listen to music I'm rarely doing anything more than pacing, or if the score is easily available for whatever piece I'm listening to I enjoy following the score while listening. Imo any music that is best enjoyed passively is garbage
>>
Sometimes I listen just the album and others I listen to it while am on the computer or doing some other stuff. I don't have any trouble paying attention to just the album.
>>
I scroll through tumblr usually, because I primarily follow art blogs, so I'm essentially looking at art, liking and reblogging it. Since I'm not reading anything it doesn't distract me.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.