[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok /mu/ For 6 fucking years I've been trying to deciph
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: a1521343667_10.jpg (278 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
a1521343667_10.jpg
278 KB, 1200x1200
Ok /mu/

For 6 fucking years I've been trying to decipher what the exact meaning is behind this audio clip? LIke, is the guy in prison? Why was it included on the album? Is there a symbolic meaning behind this audio clip? What gives?

It may be nothing really but I just don't understand why is it really affecting me every time I hear it. Its just really freaking sad some something...

what do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfCSH-w5Two
>>
>>61281370
Holy shit that track, and kill fatigue frequencies freak me out so much. These two albums are perfect in the uneasiness they create.

To me that conversation just seems like an obsessive girl talking to a boyfriend that's becoming kind of disinterested in the relationship but it always feels like there's something deeper going on there I agree
>>
>>61281370

It reminds me of 'car chase terror' by m83. The same sort of bad-quality voice recording and uneasy feeling to it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIMEMHp1z4U
>>
>>61281532

Thats it! It seems like its just a guy getting a bit disinterested by the girl but it just feels like there is something more going on. And its really freaking weird that I'm obsessing over it.

>>61281575
The M83 version just seems really over dramatic comparing it to the SFTF
>>
Incredible album.
What I receive is the woes of a long distance relationship. The guy speaks with a kind of detached resignation and the girl is urgent and desperate to be with him. "Mouths Trapped In Static" refers to the futile, derealized simulacrum their once real, personable relationship has deteriorated to. Their sense of togetherness is confined to the dissonant static and ephemera of occasional phone calls.
>>61281532
This too.
>>
I don't know why, but thats my favourite piece of the album.

Even though Shit Heap Gloria is fucking brilliant, I love listening to Mouths Trapped in Static.
>>
>>61281751
Wait, fuck, Shit Heap Gloria is signs reign rebuilder, my bad
>>
>>61281710
>What I receive is the woes of a long distance relationship. The guy speaks with a kind of detached resignation and the girl is urgent and desperate to be with him. "Mouths Trapped In Static" refers to the futile, derealized simulacrum their once real, personable relationship has deteriorated to. Their sense of togetherness is confined to the dissonant static and ephemera of occasional phone calls.

Sir, this is beautiful analysis.
My gf of 6 years broke up with me two days ago. She wen't to study abroad for a year. I though we would survive...we didn't...I feel like shit now. So this gave me the feels

Thanks anon
>>
>>61281846
iktf, anon. Good friend of mine moved to Tampa in July after we graduated in June. It'd take a long time explaining why but she felt really strongly that she had to leave home. The last time I saw her was really rough for both of us and now we just talk on the phone every once in a while. She's not adapting well and talks a lot about how she hasn't made any friends and how much she misses me. I really do want the best for her but I feel shitty at shitty how relieved it makes me feel that she hasn't replaced me. :(

Gonna try to fly out visit her sometime in early January.
>>
>>61282018
>She's not adapting well and talks a lot about how she hasn't made any friends and how much she misses me. I really do want the best for her but I feel shitty at shitty how relieved it makes me feel that she hasn't replaced me. :(
>Gonna try to fly out visit her sometime in early January.

Hope all will be good for you guys. The opposite was with us. She got a lot of friends and really enjoyed it. I was happy for her and was really proud that she managed to move from home and try to experience something new.

Then she cheated on me...multiple times
Thanks
>>
>>61282119
Genuine thanks, anon. Sorry she did that to you. I hope you're ok.
>>
Kinda reminds me of the recording that's included in Michael Gira's song
https://youtu.be/GeNc4tI5km8
iirc it's conversation between Jarboe and drunk Michael Gira. Heartbreaking
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.