[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he the best guitarists of the 21st century? Discus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 1900x1450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 1900x1450
Is he the best guitarists of the 21st century?
Discus
>>
no hes a gimmick artist
>>
File: weedle.png (47 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
weedle.png
47 KB, 250x250
>>
97% of his output is extremely bland. Its seriously verging on muzak.
>>
>>61280204
He would be god-tier if he settled down and put some more thoughts in his albums instead of doing as many as possible.
I prefer Guthrie Govan.
>>
>>61280204
he is middleschool-tier
Honestly i loved his work when i was like 15 and thought "urr i hate shredding it's so fuckin stoopid but Buckethead puts real EMOTIONS in his playing"
but i went back to it recently and it's not that different to other boring shredders

Soothsayer is still a great song though
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (77 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
77 KB, 1920x1080
I could never get into buckethead.
>>61281198
Agreed on Guthrie.
>>
>>61281257
>>61282017
>>
>>61280204
hell freakin yeah i love le ebin guitar hero KFC man
>>
do you think hes been wearing the same kfc since he started
>>
>>61282017
word https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNwx84UPzFY
>>
>>61281257

Soothsayer, The Earth Heals Herself, Night of the Slunk, Padmasana- shit man he's got lots of good tunes. However now I think he's more obsessed with reaching world-record levels of EP releases and shit over anything remotely constructive.
>>
>>61282984
thanks for this i thought aal was some kind of teen indie band until now LOL
>>
>>61280204
His technique is super sloppy, if you try to base your fame on technical shit like he does you should at least learn to play fast passages of notes at an even spacing, slow down his licks and you'll see how sloppy they are.
>>
>>61280251
He's a walking boring gimmick but he is an objectively very skilled guitarist
>>
He's a great guitarist, and he has some excellent tunes, eg Soothsayer, and albums. He has his own style and sound which do set him apart from other technical guitarists.

His pike series isn't great though, and I get the feeling it's more about recordbreaking than anything else. Of the 200+ pikes there are a few good EPs, but for the most part it's very, very bland.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.