[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do I start with bruce springsteen? Personal favorites?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Where do I start with bruce springsteen?

Personal favorites? Places to avoid? Chronologies? Phases? Lemme hear it.
>>
listen to everything released between 1975 to 1984
>>
Start with Born to Run. That album is a 10. Really, I would just say avoid his more recent albums. But from 1973-1987 he didn't miss a shot.
>>
start with born to run

then go to the river if you don't mind a double album, or born in the usa if you're not ready.

after those 3 listen to darkness on the edge of town.

eventually get around to his first 2 and nebraska.

that's his greatest hits basically. tunnel of love aint so bad either.
>>
>>61273796
>>61273810
I personally feel that The Wild, the Innocent and the E Street Shuffle, while surely not his greatest work, is still too good to pass up. Really, 4th of July Asbury Park is one of my all-time favorite songs from the Boss.
>>
Start with the first album like you would with any other artist, he didn't release anything bad until the 90s came along.
>>
>>61273796
>>61273804
>>61273810
>>61273870

thanks yall this is helpful
>>
Definitely check out his first 3 albums. They are fucking great, and then continue on from there as you feel like it.
>>
Born to Run is the best, but it makes perfect sense to start chronologically since his albums tell a tale of growing up and maturing and facing the harsh realities of life and casting youthful innocence aside
>>
File: bruce flowchart.jpg (534 KB, 1940x1216) Image search: [Google]
bruce flowchart.jpg
534 KB, 1940x1216
>>
Bruce is probably the best (in my opinion) live performer of all time. The studio albums are great but they're missing something that he delivers when playing live.

Try a few bootlegs as well to the albums that have been mentioned; Winterland 1978, Main Point 1975 being classic starting points.

He's just started releasing paid for classic gig downloads on his website which I'm sure you can find on all good torrent sites as well.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.