[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How was early Nirvana so good? Why did they have to ruin the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Early_Nirvana[1].jpg (27 KB, 362x416) Image search: [Google]
Early_Nirvana[1].jpg
27 KB, 362x416
How was early Nirvana so good? Why did they have to ruin their legacy with shitty pop albums (Nevermind, In Uterus, MTV Unplugged)?

Post the good stuff;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMDGO8RjJEg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PL3HVCreWM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwYzzN1AIqw
>>
can we stop this "bleach was good" meme?
>>
>>61273395
can we stop this "any album I don't like is a meme" meme?
>>
>>61273383
They didn't get good until OK Computer.
>>
>>61273383
Their early stuff is ok, but White Pony is their magnum opus.
>>
>>61273424
Their early work was a little too new wave for my taste, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically.
>>
>>61273395
Exactly. Never
Ind was their best album with unplugged the runner up stop being contrarian just listen to the fucking words. Bleach was literally shit. Not deep at all. Just stop guys. It's fucking annoying and insulting.
>>
>>61273383
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0JWQZVm90ou
>>
They have always been far and away my least favorite of the major grunge bands. Don't care for their sound or their melodies, don't care for Cobain's voice or persona, REALLY don't care for his lyrics. Of all the groups that came out of that era, Nirvana seems to be the only one that consistently sounded like a goddamn garage band while everyone else was doing interesting things with rhythm and effects and instrumentation. I grew up indoctrinated with this idea that they were the epitome of grunge music or even 90s rock in general, but it wasn't until my early twenties that I realized how little I give a shit about them.

Soundgarden and Alice in Chains are my jam. Pearl Jam is my jam. I'm listening to Screaming Trees right now and they are infinitely more my jam than Nirvana.

Sorry to shit on your parade, OP. I just needed to say it. At least we're in agreement that their later stuff was garbage.
>>
>>61273580

That's because nirvana was a punk band and you have shitty taste and thus prefer the slimy bro rock bullshit that made up the grunge "genre"
>>
File: 1451012832953.jpg (53 KB, 419x480) Image search: [Google]
1451012832953.jpg
53 KB, 419x480
>>61274304
Nirvana a punk band
>>
>>61274304
>slimy bro rock
you seem pathetic
>>
File: tumblr_lz94thWx4e1r5lwa2o1_500.jpg (41 KB, 412x748) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lz94thWx4e1r5lwa2o1_500.jpg
41 KB, 412x748
>>61276420
>>61276261

Are you guys fucking serious?
>>
The only good thing kurt ever did was killing Kurt
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.