[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FAVORITE ALBUM OF ALL TIME
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 16
Since it's christmas lets have a nice simple favorite album thread

Gimme your best of the best and describe the first time you ever heard it

This was the first album I ever heard that was older than me, and I found it by accident from listening to dusty ass NPR stream the title song
I thought I was so cool for finding the album until i found this site and realized everyone with half a decent music taste knows the fucking album
>>
File: fr421500x1500.jpg (549 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
fr421500x1500.jpg
549 KB, 1500x1500
I was feeling sad one night and was gonna go to bed when my roomie offered me a beer, so I stayed up drinking and listening to music on the Xbox youtube app with him. Grave Full of Books by Giles Corey was recommended after an Amesoeurs song and I fell in love. Looked 'em up and found out about HANL. Listened to Bloodhail, Telefony, and The Hunter, and I've been weeping jism ever since
>>
File: 00 The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds.jpg (11 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
00 The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds.jpg
11 KB, 200x200
Found it in my father's vinyl collection along with their "Greatest hits" album. Unreal how amazing the album is
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 600x600
I discovered Biggie back in 7th grade, and it got me into Hip Hop. It made me realize that there can be character, artistic integrity, and concept in an album. Consequently, I started realizing there were objectively good albums out there.
>>
Girlfriend From Kyoto by Fullkawa Honpo.

Tears of sadness, tears of joy; smiles of happiness, smiles of bitterness.

I've never felt so much from music before then, and he's why I want to be a musician. It's all in Japanese, but trust me it's no weeb-shit. Here are some youtube links
Haru no: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKEyFMB6a30
Gregorio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCyi9Ddf5wQ
Mahou: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3GssJIEyQU

And the full album (second link is for a song that I forgot to add in the archive)
https://mega.nz/#!ehR0xarL!mZMAC1p9JtgdxAM4482hG4VRE1LusxFQ7HsvSokdYUw
https://mega.nz/#!KxAlnIBD!sjtQNCTslNf6VZT3x6gk0PZLP68jBggsTCECieZhj0Y
>>
>>61265213
Pretty much that for me.
Listened to it last summer, bought every album by King Crimson since.
Made me love prog rock all over again.
>>
File: you're living all over me.jpg (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
you're living all over me.jpg
22 KB, 300x300
I first discovered Dinosaur Jr and listened to the song Feel the Pain. I was reading the comment section saying the best album was You're Living All Over Me so I decided to give it a try. It really hit the sweet spot, where is was noisy but poppy and I've still yet to find another album that recreates that vibe for me
>>
>>61266327
Did you like their other albums too or just this one specifically
>>
File: Heathen.jpg (53 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Heathen.jpg
53 KB, 300x300
>>
>>61266442
Yeah, I really enjoyed their albums, it's just this one had all my favorite songs by them
>>
File: King_Crimson_-_Earthbound.jpg (17 KB, 300x299) Image search: [Google]
King_Crimson_-_Earthbound.jpg
17 KB, 300x299
>>61265213
I found this in my dad's attic when I was 15, listened to it on his record player up there by myself, blew my mind xD
>>
>>61266667
kill yourself

king crimson are fucking awful
>>
File: spiderland1.jpg (107 KB, 770x433) Image search: [Google]
spiderland1.jpg
107 KB, 770x433
One of the most emotionally powerful albums I have ever listened to. The whole album is a perfect streak (I even like For Dinner...). Best /mu/core album, bar none fa.m
>>
>>61266690
anon pls, its christmas
Save your bait for the other 364 days of the year
>>
>>61266837
christmas is literally the best day to die
>>
>>61266862
..to Die Hardâ„¢
>>
>>61266327
I like you sir. Bug is also great.
>>
File: TPAB.jpg (119 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
TPAB.jpg
119 KB, 1000x1000
Too soon? I don't think so.
>>
File: front.jpg (313 KB, 947x939) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
313 KB, 947x939
>>61265213
Father's vinyl.
At the time I was only listening to Nirvana, Napalm death... the 90's.
It blew my mind, I was dancing, crying and laughing at the same time.
>>
File: my_bloody_valentine_loveless.jpg (39 KB, 565x565) Image search: [Google]
my_bloody_valentine_loveless.jpg
39 KB, 565x565
LOVELESS
>>
File: Explodeddrawing.jpg (216 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
Explodeddrawing.jpg
216 KB, 450x450
First time I heard it I didn't think much of it. I kept seeing it get mentioned so I kept trying to get into it. It took me around 5 listens until it clicked and now I find something new to love about it with every listen. This album opened a lot of doors for me.
>>
>>61266989
Honestly this is probably my aoty (no maymaying pls s e n p a i d e s u)
But favorite album of all time?
Was your previous favorite Enema of the State?
Is Bohemian Rhapsody the greatest song you've ever heard?
Are you excited to be halfway done with 8th grade?
>>
File: image.jpg (695 KB, 1117x1116) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
695 KB, 1117x1116
She was one of my grandfather's favorite artists, along with Crosby, Sinatra and their ilk. I idolized him based on what my father told me, even though I'd never met him. I looked through his records and found a copy of this record. Wonderful, wonderful artist.
>>
>>61267197
>end of 2015
>favorite album of all time has to be old
>implying I don't listen to a lot of oldies just cause I chose a new album
>implying my favorite of all time won't change in the next few years

Negro pls
>>
File: image.jpg (126 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126 KB, 640x640
Discovered Grimes thanks to this forum and fell in love, this masterpiece is my aoty and my fave album :)
>>
File: cover.jpg (172 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
172 KB, 350x350
I guess I can be honest just cause it's christmas.
The first time I heard this I was bored and waited for it to end. Nowadays I only listen to it every couple months when I'm in just the right mood because it nearly brings me to tears every time.
I've gone through a few different favorites, but I always find myself coming back to this just because it has such strong tracks that mix perfectly. I always find myself singing or imagining songs from this album when I'm feeling anxious or paranoid, mainly The National Anthem and Idioteque, and always Motion Picture Soundtrack when I'm manically depressed, that's probably the best album closer of all time.
>>
>>61267285
Ikr she's so perfect :3
>>
>>61267299
not sure if Kid A or Ok Computer is my personal fav but I could totally relate bro
>>
File: themonitor.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
themonitor.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
I hated it. I had no idea why /mu/ said it was so good (this is when it had just come out), thought it was grating and repetitive, and never wanted to listen to it again.

Then Local Business came out. I saw a good review for it and decided to try listening to The Monitor again. Still didn't like it that much but didn't hate it either. Was compelled for some reason to listen to it a third time and that's when it clicked. I've loved it ever since. Local Business is still terrible though
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.