[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I like this /mu/. I actually fucking like it a lot. And I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: AM.jpg (44 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
AM.jpg
44 KB, 1024x1024
I like this /mu/. I actually fucking like it a lot. And I'm disappointed in myself for liking it. Why do I like it? I should hate it, its generic indie hipster bullshit but I really do like it.
How do I not feel guilty about my shit taste /mu/? This is really breaking me apart
>>
>>61263173
By differentiating between pretensions and the work itself
>>
>>61263173
You know how to? By not worrying about the gratification of a bunch of strangers from a fucking anonymous website. Quit crying and go like whatever you want you damn pussy.
>>
>>61263173
why did u make this topic
>>
you can like whatever you want man
i mean i'm a fan too
i personally thought AM was shit.
"whatever people say i am" is gr8 tho
>>
>>61263190
this
>>
>>61263173
Stop giving a shit, ive been listening to hotline bling on repeat for 3 days
>>
>>61263193
this desu
>>
>>61263191
because the thought of having shit taste makes me feel guilty, I try to listen to the shit posted here in /mu/ to build a better taste but then this album that pretty much everyone knows sucks ass comes and I can't stop listening to it
>>
>>61263173
With this album i realized the Arctic Monkeys were (almost) always a band without ideas. Just think about it, they see post punk revival is a thing and they release an album in that style, making themselves famous. They make a similar album, then, they see stoner rock and psychedelic rock are getting more and more popular, and release an album influenced by them. By Suck It And See, those genres were huge. Like, yeah, those genres were already huge before Humbug, but it wasn't like nowadays. there are tons of those bands everywhere, EVERYWHERE, and i'm in a 3rd world country where those kind of trends don't normally come. So, when they have to release their fourth album, they make Suck It And See, an album which similar ingredients to the ones from Humbug, but mixed with two new trends: vintage rock and... i don't know what to call it, surf rock? beach rock?
In AM, they saw that "surf rock/beach rock" wasn't trending anymore, while the psychedelic, stoner and vintage rock were still hot, so they decided to mix those with other trending genres: hip hop and R&B.
So, the result was them getting famous as fuck. and it would be weird if that didn't happen, just look:
-With stoner rock influences you please the stoner fans when they want to listen to something softer.
-With vintage rock influences you please the dadrockers who want to listen to modern bands
-With hip hop and R&B influences you get most teenagers.
-They started as an indie band, so they don't have to bother getting more audience there, they have tons of fans in the indie crowd.
-With the neo psychedelia influences you get every teenager who couldn't get into the genre because the most psychedelic thing they can get into are stuff like Tame Impala or Temples.

And, not only they had music that sounded like every top artist, they also made a super simple but effective and iconic album cover.
>>
>>61263316
>everyone knows sucks ass
It was pretty well received anon. Stop taking /mu/ seriously, that's a miserable way to live life
>>
>>61263772
Yeah... Better off picking a nihilist approach and like w/e you like instead of limiting yourself with stupid pretentions.
That's something for 16 year-olds lol.
>>
>>61263738
all of this.
Not only the fact that they have tried to pour in as little effort as required to make NME think that you're redefining music (which is none, btw), but the "influences" they built AM around are so weak and innocuous that the smug, propulsive beat on which the album fucking rides is basically suited to any normie rock fan's need - anytime - anywhere.

An album constructed for 12 year old girls to feel different.
>>
>>61263173
I'm going to let you in on a secret OP, /mu has shit taste in music
>>
>>61264977
can this be a fucking banner please?
>>
>>61263191
for attention
>>
>>61264977
this
>>
>>61264587
I think the worst thing about this album is that it could have been great if they at least tried to explore those genres, but instead, they took the most basic aspects of all of them and made an album.
>>
>>61263173
I feel the same way about new Joanna Newsom album.
>>
>>61263173
They're good at what they do, but what they do is nothing new.
>>
>>61263738
How are WPSIATWIN and FWN post-punk (revival)? I'd say they're more like garage rock.
>>
File: Koala.jpg (763 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Koala.jpg
763 KB, 1024x768
>>
>>61263173
just stop worrying about it you pretentious fucking loser
>>
>needs aprovation of a bunch fatass fedora emos
Just kill yourself
>>
>>61265950
>aprovation
go back to whatever latin american shithole you came from
>>
>>61265748
They got marketed as post punk revival though. Most post punk revival bands weren't post punk.
>>
>>61266473
(i'm the same anon) Still, i would give them a pass for their three first albums, i think the problem comes with the last two.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.