[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I got To Be Kind and Filth Deluxe Version. (Part 1 of To
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 3illuminati5me.jpg (591 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
3illuminati5me.jpg
591 KB, 2592x1944
So, I got To Be Kind and Filth Deluxe Version. (Part 1 of To Be Kind isn't there because that's what I'm currently listening to)

What's your opinion on genres like experimental and art rock?
>>
Merry Christmas
Also experimental isnt really a genre.
>>
>>61257258
Well, experimental rock is
>>
>>61257297
Not really, experimental to one artist isn't to another
>>
>>61257353
Well, do people just consider it a type of music, then?
>>
>>61257368
No, it's a descriptor to indicate that what's being done in the music is not typical or not tried often (i.e. the artist is experimenting).

It's hard to talk about "experimental rock" as its own genre without further context.

And Filth / To Be Kind aren't art rock.
>>
>>61257233
I'm assuming you mean stuff like IDM or Experimental pop which aren't really genres in the sense that they have a defining set of characteristics that separates them from say EDM or regular pop, but rather are charecterised by individual experimentation on the artists part.

The reason these terms exist is because some people really want to here stuff they have never heard of before.

I quite like the idea personally but a lot off experimental albums can be hard to get into and may require multiple listens.
>>
>>61257368
no it's a word to describe specific kinds of music
>>
>>61257611
>experimental and art rock
>assuming you mean stuff like IDM or Experimental pop

wew lad
>>
i've got that filth deluxe too

cd > vinyl imo
>>
>swans
>experimental
>>
I also got that TBK cd, it's great.

High five, OP.
>>
File: 2015-12-25 11-07-12.225.jpg (133 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-25 11-07-12.225.jpg
133 KB, 640x480
I got TBK as well, along with The Seer and The Great Annihilator. Also a proud owner of the currently out of print Soundtracks for the Blind CD as well.
>>
Why are people getting TBK this year are you newfags or something?
>>
>>61257233
I got Filth on vinyl and im pretty pumped about that
I wanna start collecting swans records

I know this is a swans thread but i also got Daniel Johnston - Hi, How Are You on vinyl as well. the only 2 records i got for christmas
>>
Lurk more. Jesus.
>>
>>61259092

I'm probably buying The Seer soon
>>
>>61259219
I like the photos they included in The Seer CD
>>
>>61259562
Gotta check it

Did you buy it online, or on a local store?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.