[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>that one popular artist/band who has such an expansive discography
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (526 KB, 900x878) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
526 KB, 900x878
>that one popular artist/band who has such an expansive discography that it intimidates you and don't know where to start

what's their name /mu/?
>>
File: cover.jpg (99 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
99 KB, 1024x1024
>>61256375
>>
>>61256375
Frank Zappa was easy since all his best stuff was his early stuff, so starting at the beginning was only natural.
>>
>>61256375
swans
zappa
king crimson
>>
Any artist with more than four albums
>>
Sun Ra
>>
File: 1450774589367.jpg (693 KB, 1008x1624) Image search: [Google]
1450774589367.jpg
693 KB, 1008x1624
>>
any jazz musician
>>
>>61256439
Go chronological with King Crimson. I myself haven't listened to any Zappa but I've heard Hot Rats is a decent starting point.
Swans is a bit complicated since their sound has changed so much over the years. If you like aggressive no-wave start with their earlier stuff; if you like post-punk start with the middle era; and if you like post-rock start with Soundtracks For The Blind.
>>
The Beatles
Bowie
Dylan
>>
>>61256439
>swans
Not so big and all releases are essential
>king crimson
Just listen up to Discipline, then to THRAK as the material proceeding is not so good
>>
File: Coil.jpg (12 KB, 205x300) Image search: [Google]
Coil.jpg
12 KB, 205x300
Coil

>>61256553
Listen to Garbage. It's his most consistent mixtape, every song is good on there. After thatwatch some of his music videos and if you like a song then download the mixtape. The link to download is usually in the description.
>>
File: 192.jpg (74 KB, 394x406) Image search: [Google]
192.jpg
74 KB, 394x406
>>61256594
>>
>>61256572
As far as Beatles go you're effectively obligated to have heard everything from Rubber Soul to Abby Road. It's all amazing, B-side yellow submarine excluded. Those albums chronologically will give you a good experience. Listening to the whole discography though is basic reading for music fans though, so consider that as well.

Bowie you also can't really go wrong with. Hunky Dory, Ziggy (rise and fall), Station to Station, Berlin trilogy, are all albums you must've heard. There are others though, but I wouldn't consider them as important, just know there's more if you're enjoying yourself.
>>
>>61256375
What is Acid Mothers Temple?
>>
Dylan

??
>>
>>61256776
All their albums are exactly the same, just start anywhere
>>
File: boris.jpg (561 KB, 4272x2350) Image search: [Google]
boris.jpg
561 KB, 4272x2350
>>
>>61256596
ape of naples if you like more electronic/experimental stuff, horse rotorvator if you like more industrial stuff.
>>
File: KYSfam.gif (2 MB, 448x432) Image search: [Google]
KYSfam.gif
2 MB, 448x432
Haha avalanches haha
>>
Bull of Heaven
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.