[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ thunk of The Weeknd?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: 5761334.jpg (64 KB, 565x560) Image search: [Google]
5761334.jpg
64 KB, 565x560
What does /mu/ thunk of The Weeknd?
>>
memehair
>>
annoying trash

even those fucking top40 poptimists don't ever talk about him
>>
im impressed at how fast he sold out
>>
Decent voice
GOAT Production
Lyricism on point
>>
>>61253597
Because he isn't pop trash?
>lol I've only heard his radio singles lol vapid pop trash lol
1/5 of his projects is pop, the rest is contemporary PR&B
>>
He's ok
>>
>>61253615
jesus christ

go back to KTT
>>
>>61253587
A living palm tree
>>
whiney bitch with some good songs

>>61253615
>dumb bitch
>>
I happened to catch him on SNL several weeks ago and liked his voice a lot, but then Nicki Minaj came on stage and I vomited everywhere.
>>
trilogy is great
sold out faster than yeezy's
dont mean to haiku
>>
>>61253981
kek
>>
absolutely garbage, but some of his songs are alright
>>
How did Kanye sell out?

Yeezus was his most experimental album so far and alienated half of his fanbase
>>
>>61254006
fuck, meant to quote >>61253981
>>
>>61254019
>>61254006
he meant that he sold out faster than the yeezys shoes, kanye wests own shoes. Not yeezus

>>
>>61253587

First of all, he looks like fucking piece of arugula, And secondly his whiny falsetto XO drug can't feel my ballsack bullshit music has somehow convinced people that he's the next Michael Jackson. "Gee, I wonder what the Weeknd sounds like on this feature?"
>>
Only pop artist that isn't garbage other than Drake.

Good sexcore music. Like Miguel, but primarily for a nigger audience
>>
Boring melo shit for women that tweet like omg baeee with a picture of kim kardashian crying or some shit, publically complain about stupid shit then act like hypocrites, and fight over beyonce and taylor swift

My point is it's fucking shallow boring music that got popular because it actually has some decent production and entertaining values, but goddamn you can't listen to an entire album yet alone an entire song because it's fucking boring.

The male version of adele basically.
>>
I prefer The Weekays
>>
Pretty good voice, generally decent production, falls pretty flat on lyrics most of the time though.

Liked BBtM, was meh' on Trilogy
>>
>>61254965
Pretty much this.
His music was made for underage basic bitches
>>
I'm probably the billionth person to say this, but when I first saw his hair I thought it was some kind of weird hat.
>>
>>61253587
Forgettable artist
>>
>>61253587
he obviously sampled Portishead then denied it but said they were an "inspiration" what a tool bag
>>
>>61253597
>even those fucking top40 poptimists don't ever talk about him

I swear he's absolutely dominating the charts right now?
>>
>>61254006
Wow... you're slow
>>
>>61253587
his 'can't feel my face' was okay.

not good, but just okay.
>>
>>61253615
What's some non-contemporary PR&B?
>>
>>61254965

Can't feel my face compares drug addiction to an abusive relationship.

The Hills is about an extramarital affair that is neither about love or sex.

What do you consider deep? Whiny rock ballads about an achy breaky heart?
>>
>>61253587
Always thought he was a whiny motherfucker, and I couldn't bear to listen to his music. Same with Drake. I pretty much have them pinned the same way.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.