[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do they sound like the Beatles at all?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (369 KB, 853x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
369 KB, 853x1024
How do they sound like the Beatles at all?
>>
Kev has a lennon-esque voice and they both write psych pop
>>
They don't.
>>
In music criticism, if you make vocals or chords that sound like any vague number of vocals or chords even remotely similar to ones used by the Beatles, you're sound is compared to the Beatles.
>>
>>61252992
They dont anymore. They currently make shitty 80s-esque synth pop.
>>
Every psych band is doomed to be compared to The Beatles or The Beach Boys at least once
>>
Because they're shit
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 474x424) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 474x424
>>61253036
Beatles made shitty synth pop too, mate
>>
am i the only one who can't stand Kevin's voice?
>>
>>61252992
They have some songs that sound like them, but overall they sound more like Nazz or something like that.
You know, comparing bands is something a lot of ignorant people like to do, and a lot of the time they sound totally different, or have really vague similarities. I know people who said that Arctic Monkeys were Beatles copycats, and because of it, they were bad (maybe you don't like them, i personally don't really care about that band, but saying that they're a Beatles rip off is just stupid).
So, the next time, just tell them to fuck off.
>>
>>61253132
it's ok on recordings imo but live its so nasally holy shit it sounds terrible
>>
Beatles don't use the amount of phasers, reverb, and other effects that Tame Impala do.
>>
>>61253205
What about magical mystery tour
>>
>>61253113
great b8 m80
>>
>>61252992
I never thought they sounded like the Beatles. I always detected more Dark Side/Pink Floyd
>>
Tame Impala are shit
>>
>>61253203
I saw them at a concert recently and it doesn't actually sound as bad anymore.,I get what u mean though
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.