[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can anyone recommend me some good music?, I usually listen t
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: hr_giger_the_spell_iv.jpg (431 KB, 1394x800) Image search: [Google]
hr_giger_the_spell_iv.jpg
431 KB, 1394x800
can anyone recommend me some good music?, I usually listen to blackmetal and the only other things in my playlists that aren't really angry that I can still relate to are The Doors, some Rolling Stones and a few rappers like Twiztid and Caskey who also have a somewhat angry/depressive theme. I also like electronic music like Mortiis and Aesthetic perfection.

I just find it hard to listen to things that are overly upbeat, they come of as fake or really shallow.

I'm pretty much open to anything as long as it's not really pop-ish or raggae music . I just want something to listen to as I walk around that's not gonna make me rage, chill shit.

Things like Rob Zombie and Nirvana are good but kinda obvious.
Some examples of stuff that puts me in a good mood
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgP3OIAJkRc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxPbfvG_gH8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tme51Iafag&list=PLsYAJrsEu4NN-irAnUAkYotc5eGqeuxSr&index=2

Thanks Anons, I'll give everything and anything a listen or try. Doesn't have to be metal even though most of my examples are.
>>
>>61249863
gotta get yourself some heavy/power metal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eBDUC4s3bY
>>
>>61249863
Try post rock. Alot of it comes across as depressing / morose / serious music and has some guitar work that metal can relate too (tremolo picking, crashing drums, crescdndos). It to me comes across as serious (even if somewhat pretentious), and even the happy songs don't sound cheap and fake like you say. I get where you are coming from, but try your best to explore new genres and get the same message you enjoy in music conveyed from a different medium.
>>
>>61249924
Nice!, I like stuff like StormWitch's album "Walpurgis Night".

>>61249962
Any good examples?, I'll try google in a sec but post rock sounds like a broad or generic term that might get thrown around with bands labeled as that when they're not really. Do you mean like Opeth and Devin Townsend or?..
>>
File: a2923561324_16.jpg (67 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
a2923561324_16.jpg
67 KB, 700x700
if you havent listen it yet is basically BM and Blues is pretty comfy
>>
>>61249962
looked some stuff up, first band I picked is Russian Circles "geneva", music sounds good, too bad they don't seem to have vocals.
>>
>>61249863
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU8VgS-2hpk
>"A friend of mine once told me that while listening to this prelude he was suddenly overwhelmed by almost uncontrollable desire to commit suicide. Just like that -- to go and hang himself. That sums up the mood of this prelude very well. It is a depression in it's manifest form. Stillness, sadness and quiet resignation which are only momentarily replaced by an impetus of utter despair."
>>
>/mu/ being relatively nice and helpful.

wat is happening
>>
>>61249863
Abba
>>
>>61249863
Based Mortiis:
>Lord Lovidicus
>Erdstall
>Valschuruhn
>Erang

Based on Aesthetic Perfection:
>Suicide Commando
>:Wumpscut:
>Grendel
>Psyclon Nine

For some rap I recommend:
>Jedi Mind Tricks
>Gravediggaz
>Mobb Deep

Is there any metal that you'd be interested in getting some rec for? Like Doom, Power, Thrash, Drone, Math, etc?
Also would you be interested in Jazz?
>>
>>61251340
funny enough I listen to Art Bell and CoasttoCoastAm and they play dancing queen as the bumper music so I don't mind that.

>>61251450
Oh man, sweet thanks. I haven't heard of any of those Mortiis recommendations so I'm sure there'll be something I like. I have heard of the rest of those bands and enjoy psyclon n9ne, and used to like gravediggers.

Uhm.. can't really think of any metal I haven't heard, I wouldn't mind more viking metal. I like Amon Amarth and Bathory but not so much Turisaz or things like Solstafr.

Maybe some psychedelic horror rock.
I like things like Boston and Scorpions and Motley Crue too, and also electronic like Kazinski and Perturbator and all those new retro wave bands. and anything that sounds like Rolling stones "the last time" or The Doors but way lesser known, like underrated bands from the 60's would be sweet. I play guitar so I can kinda get into anything.

in terms of blues the closest I've got is some of the doors and Marilyn Mansons "deep six" so thats not very far. everything is somewhat blues based though, like led zep and jethro tull.
>>
File: ereb altor- by honour.jpg (268 KB, 1020x1024) Image search: [Google]
ereb altor- by honour.jpg
268 KB, 1020x1024
>>61251791
if you like viking metal you've gotta hear these bands
>basically anything by falchenbach and moonsorrow
>helheim
>scald
>finsterforst
>thyrfing
>myrkgrav
>>
>>61251826
Oh shit, don't think I've heard of any of those except for moonsorrow, this gon be gud. I like wardruna allot.
>>
>>61251791
> Marilyn Mansons "deep six"
Meant to say third day of a seven day binge, other songs not very bluesy at all.
>>
Staind and Limp Biskit bro, they will change your life.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.