[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can /mu/ explain me what's the appeal of this album? I like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: TheBeatles68LP.jpg (30 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
TheBeatles68LP.jpg
30 KB, 720x720
Can /mu/ explain me what's the appeal of this album? I like all of the Beatles releases (except for this one) and this is usually regarded as their best. I've listened to it a lot of times and it just sounds like a lot of throwaway songs, the album is a mess too, its all over the place and it's like 2 hours (!!!) long! The only songs that stood out to me were Glass Onion, Rocky Racoon and Revolution 9. I hope someone can explain me because I feel like I'm missing out on a great album.
>>
I TOLD YOU ABOUT STRAWBERRY FIELDS
>>
>The only songs that stood out to me were Glass Onion, Rocky Racoon and Revolution 9
Really?
>>
>>61249051
It's their most experimental and varied release. It's the most hard-to-get-into album of theirs. I recommend you to give it a few listens more, you'll end up loving it. It's a great album
>>
>>61249106
Yes, I liked Glass Onion because of the self-aware lyrics ("The walrus was Paul" one was genius), Rocky Raccoon because I liked the story in the lyrics and Revolution 9 well... It really just stands out in that album
>>
>Long, Long, Long
>Julia
>Martha My Dear
>Happiness is a Warm Gun
>Dear Prudence
>While my Guitar Gently Weeps
>Helter Skelter
>Blackbird
>Mother Nature's Son
All god tier
>>
>>61249171
Blackbird is fucking GOAT
>>
File: 1447817307588.jpg (203 KB, 381x424) Image search: [Google]
1447817307588.jpg
203 KB, 381x424
>>61249051
>he doesn't like While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Fucking pleb
>>
>>61249051
It's not really a mess. The order of the tracks is incredibly clever. Like how the end of Cry Baby Cry transitions seamlessly into Revolution 9 or how all the tracks about animals are put together and how the quietest song is put next to the loudest (Long, Long, Long and Helter Skelter). It's all very deliberate
>>
>>61249392

It's like pottery
>>
>>61249392
Long, Long, Long is no way the quietest

>those drums
>that ending

fuck man, goosebumps everytime
>>
>>61249171
>no Savoy Truffle
>>
It's incredible how Revolution 9 destroys all that emotion built-up through the album, and then leaves you clueless with Good Night
>>
>>61249171
Helter Skelter basically created metal.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.