[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got pretty much every Genesis album. Help me /mu! where
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: phil.jpg (136 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
phil.jpg
136 KB, 630x420
Just got pretty much every Genesis album.

Help me /mu!

where should I start? All opinions welcome.

Thanks
>>
With their first one, like you would do with any artist.
>>
>>61246023
nah. Im not interested in the chronological approach. I want to hear a fans personal preference according to their tastes. I like prog, and some good rockin 80s stuff. Not big into folk.
>>
>>61246090
Why wouldn't you go with the chronological approach? Do you want to listen to the worst album first? Do you want to listen to the best album first? No reason not to listen to them in the chronological order
>>
>>61246160
sure, lets start with best. Whats your best and whats your worst?
>>
>>61246179
Not that guy, but their best in my opinion is Foxtrot or The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, and their worst is easily From Genesis to Revelations. I'd start with Foxtrot or Selling England by the Pound, but I'm not too big on the Phil Collins stuff, so I might be missing a better starting point in that part of their catalog.
>>
>>61246090
for me, best is lamb or foxtrot
worst is calling all stations or fgtr

however, for anyone trying to get into genesis, i'd say start at duke and then spread out from there on both sides chronologically.
>>
>>61246446
Thx. I started listening to revelations and I didn't like it. Gonna try foxtrot first.
>>
>>61246507
That's an interesting idea, but why Duke? And do you mean go backwards and forwards from Duke?
>>
File: 1439111505813.png (125 KB, 349x241) Image search: [Google]
1439111505813.png
125 KB, 349x241
>>61246015
Dude
why in the fuck you download every album of a band that you dont even KNOW=?====================?=???????
like HOLY FUCK YOU AUTISTIC PEACE OF SHIT I HOPE YOU PASS ALONE THIS FUCKING CHRISTMAST RETARD FULL OF RETARDTTION REEE
FAGGOT.
>>
>>61246614
What Cha drinking anon?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.