[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /mu/ like Mac DeMarco?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (787 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
787 KB, 2048x2048
Does /mu/ like Mac DeMarco?
>>
File: another one.jpg (2 MB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
another one.jpg
2 MB, 1400x1400
>>61236952
Generally yes. Those who don't say that his music is to "generic" or that he is a "goofball". However, neither of those things really, affect his music to me.

My favorite work of his is Another One.
>>
not since he got super popular
/mu/ used to love him
>>
One of my favorite artists producing music today. Go to one of his live shows if you get the chance.
>>
>>61236952
he's not bad

just your generic chill dream/jangle pop, but he's a meme now so he went down on /mu/'s likability scale a bit
>>
>/mu/ is one person

I love his music desu
>>
>>61236952
>they used to, then he got popular, and they pretend like they never did. as usual.
>kneejerk response

2's great. everything else is mediocre af
>>
It's the best feel-good music in existence tbqh
>>
>>61237018
Never really considered him generic. Never heard anything else really like it.
>>
>>61237032
2 is probably my favorite as well. Salad Days a close second. I really liked Ying Yang from when he was in Makeout Videotape with Alex Calder as well. I didn't really dig Another One as much as his other work but i still enjoyed it. Rock and Roll Nightclub is probably my least favorite. Too many of the songs sound the same to me on that album. Still very good tho IMO
>>
>>61237087
mediocre mighta been a bit harsh. it's all pretty unique in terms of texture/vibe that being said, i think 2 is brilliant, and everything else is just "good" if that makes any sense. I enjoy most his stuff, but 2 is genuinely one of my favorite albums of the decade so far. everything seems kinda lacking in comparison
>>
>>61237124
I like Salad Days the most. It's the happy medium between 2's less polished and Another One's very polished songwriting.
>>
File: a0082493159_10.jpg (834 KB, 1156x1123) Image search: [Google]
a0082493159_10.jpg
834 KB, 1156x1123
Pic related is by far his best work
>>
Yeah. He's not bad if you look beyond the cigarette worship and being le goofball. Quite fun to watch live.

Really liked 2 and demos. Another One didn't quite stick to me as well as most of his other works, but it's tolerable enough to have had listened to it many times.
>>
>>61237124
not that guy but listen to makeout videotape if you haven't already

the recording quality is very low, given the fact that it was recorded in a garage, but that rawness makes it better desu. almost all the songs are p catchy too.
>>
This thread's really making me pissed that I ended up missing a show of his last month.
>>
I literally never listened to him because of his face/name/image/fanbase

Finally did this summer, really great stuff. Really surprised me.
>>
>>61237052
maybe generic isn't the right word, he definitely stays within the boundaries of his genre tho senpai
>>
>>61237229
makeout videotape - heat wave, sorry
>>
>>61237274

As do most artists. He does what he does well and unlike anyone else.

Stop using words without knowing the meaning of them desu
>>
>>61237236
Last time in Montreal his encore was a 15 minutes long cover of Enter Sandman s2g

>>61237274
>stays within the boundaries of his genre
like 95% of artists out there
>>
>>61237299
>>61237302
i never said it was necessarily a bad thing, no need to get defensive
>>
>>61237319

I am defensive cuz im fucking sick of reading it!!!!! LEAVE MAC ALONE HOLY SHIT.

>its le chill and soft that means its generic

STOP
>>
>>61237361
read
>>61237274

mac fans need to chill this is why he's a meme
>>
>>61237236
Missed the Seattle one in October. Didn't have a ride to the city.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.