[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Smiths song ever? My vote "There is a light and it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 275x183
Best Smiths song ever?
My vote "There is a light and it never goes out"
>>
Still Ill
>that riff
>>
heaven knows i'm miserable now or this charming man

they're popular as hell cause it's catchy as fuck
>>
Meat is Murder
>>
I Know It's Over
>>
>>61224661
Probably you've got everything now or bigmouth strikes again
>>
Don't Look Back in Anger
>>
>>61224856
that's Blur
>>
That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore
>>
i'd go for the boy with the thorn in his side i think
honourable mentions to bigmouth and rusholme ruffians
>>
>>61224876
The ending coda is just amazing.
>>
>Morrissey complains about shit while being in a successful band and having natural good looks and tons of girls wanting to fuck him
Cannot take this band seriously, what a joke
>>
>>61224732
Agreed, some of the greatest guitar playing in their whole discography
>>
>>61224661
Even though it's the most un-smiths song there is, Asleep makes me cry like a bitch
>>
Nowhere Fast
>>
Frankly Mr Shankly is the most catchy IMO

The best are either I know its over, never had no one ever, or cemetery gates

that whole album is in general their best

I don't like the smiths that much in general but I love that album, its one of my favs ever
>>
>>61224823
/thread
>>
I Know It's Over
or
Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
>>
>>61224903
>he doesnt know about morrisseys teenage/twenties crippling anxiety and virginity
lol
>>
>>61224914
this
>>
I Know It's Over
Also one of my favourite songs ever
>>
>>61224732
my nigga
>>
>>61224971
source?
>>
>>61224971
Oh woe is him he was anxious over nothing I feel for him and his charmed life!
>>
Vicar on a tutu
I'm serious
>>
File: 1448558917353.jpg (15 KB, 318x318) Image search: [Google]
1448558917353.jpg
15 KB, 318x318
>>61224971
>yfw you realize the girl in "What She Said" is Morrissey and the "tattooed boy from
Birkenhead" is Johnny Mar
>>
>>61225045
listening to his music?

actively listening, not playing it on your fucking crosley in the background and browsing tumblr, m8
>>
>>61225127
you're a retard. just because he sings about having crippling anxiety doesn't mean he actually has it. i want a real source, like a page out of his autobiography
>>
>>61225346
That autobiography? You mean the hyperbole filled near fiction novel?
>>
>>61225444
if you're honestly going to say lyrics from songs are more verifiable and representative of morriseys real life than his autobiography then fuck off
>>
>>61225472
I'm not saying that nor will I ever say that. His songs were often character studies that were often not about him
>>
>>61224957
damn are u me. queen is dead is top notch
>>
Last night i dreamt that somebody loved me
and
That joke isn't funny anymore

I only know the most famous tracks, though. Only got into them recently.
Start with Meat is murder ?
>>
>>61225069
its so damn unique. top 3 on the queen is dead imo
>>
Fall On Me
>>
>>61225759
Start with Queen is Dead, then Hatful of Harrow/Louder Than Bombs/World Wont Listen. Then Meat is Murder and Self Titled. Finally strangeways here we come. It's a really great ending album too. The Smiths have an amazingly sturdy and great discog
>>61225787
kek
>>
>>61225346
>>61225444
>Morrissey's suffered from depression all his life, more than anyone else I know. It's about repressed feelings, repressed emotions, repressed pain.
- Jo Slee
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/articles/uncut0898b.htm
>>
>>61225813

Thanks
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.