[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do I start with AnCo? I really like Person Pitch but I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Animal-Collective.jpg (2 MB, 2100x1400) Image search: [Google]
Animal-Collective.jpg
2 MB, 2100x1400
Where do I start with AnCo? I really like Person Pitch but I'm not entirely convinced that I'll feel the same way about them. However, I wanna give them a shot. What albums should I start with? What should I leave out?
>>
>>61203432
sung tongs or feels or mpp
>>
>>61203432
just listen to all of them chronologically and make your own opinion, duh.
>>
feels
>>
If you like Person Pitch, listen to Strawberry Jam.

It was recorded at roughly the same time, and one of the tracks is a leftover from Person Pitch.

Following that, decide whether you like the guitars or electronic elements more. If the former, listen to Feels, if the latter, listen to MPP.

After at least two albums you should be able to get an idea if you like them or not.
>>
MPP is incredibly accessible and catchy.
>>
>>61203432
I started with MPP, but I think chronologically could work as well.
Or check the flowchart on /mu/ wiki.
>>
>>61203521
Thanks, that sounds like a good route to take,
>>
The Water Curses EP sounds the most like Person Pitch imo, so start there. Or try Fall be Kind, especially if you're still unsure. Then after you've listened to either/both of those move on to MPP and then work your way back chronologically.
>>
Danse Manatee tbqh, under the influence of weed if u can
is their best album
>>
>>61203479
But if I'd done that with a lot of artists I probably wouldn't have ended up listening to them thoroughly and finding albums I really enjoy (Bowie, Radiohead, Talk Talk). Chronologically isn't always the answer.
>>
>>61203521
>It was recorded at roughly the same time, and one of the tracks is a leftover from Person Pitch.
Really? Which one?
>>
start with either sung tongs, feels, or MPP

if you're feeling ballsy go chronological order, but it'll feel disjointed
>>
Start with CHz and move backwards in order

Not even kidding, I did this and love them. I even love their unpopular releases like Danse.
>>
>>61203620
my guess is derek
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.