[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you can erase one song from existence what would it be?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: nirvana-20110113-113301.jpg (34 KB, 350x200) Image search: [Google]
nirvana-20110113-113301.jpg
34 KB, 350x200
If you can erase one song from existence what would it be?
>>
Stop Crying Your Heart Out
>>
whatever single adele became famous for.
>>
Gangnam Style
>>
File: cOuwOxV.jpg (67 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
cOuwOxV.jpg
67 KB, 800x800
The entire county genre
>>
>>61205312
Pop country is awful
>>
>>61205312
rap too :^)
>>
Meat is murder
>>
Song 2
>>
>>61203212
Kind of unrelated but I would have just erased Butch Vig. The entirety of Nevermind and post- Nevermind Nirvana would have been infinitely better if the album hadn't been produced by that twat.
>>
>>61205683
Agreed.
>>
>>61205762
The Vig production was fine (listen to the Devonshire mixes and the Smart Studios demos), it was Andy Wallace that turned it into some super slick radio friendly shitpile.
>>
Bjork - It's Oh So Quiet
>>
>>61205719
Best blur song T B H
>>
The Velvet Underground - Heroin
>>
Death Grip's whole existence
>>
My Bloody Valentine - Touched
>>
Come On Eileen

OR

Somebody That I Used To Know
>>
Wonderwall
>>
Hey There, Delilah
>>
>>61206211
>Come On Eileen

Perfect song for attempting to sing whilst drunk at weddings without really knowing the lyrics.
>>
>>61206114
It's fine for a pop album, but for what Nirvana wanted to be it was awful. They wanted a far more raw sound, not the intense overdubbing and production etc.
>>
>>61203212
Ill Mind of Hopsin 5
>>
>>61206313
I don't even know how the verse sounds. that song is just prechorus and chorus to me
>>
>>61206211
Dexys are one of the top five greatest bands of all time
>>
>>61203212
Every Grunge band so Post-Grunge won't exist
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxZuq57_bYM
Just so I can see what happens
>>
>>61206347
Because he forced them to do it right?
>>
Taylor swift
>>
>>61206444
Check 'em
>>
The 20's. I can't think of anything worthwhile that came from that decade.
>>
>>61203212
My Name Is

Nothing against Em himself, but almost every rapper he "inspired" is pure shit (MGK, Hopsin, Asher Roth, etc.)
>>
>>61206470
Once you sign to a major label you lose creative rights, and he tricked them a lot in the studio by saying tracks just weren't recording correctly so he could bring in more guitars and overlap vocals etc.
>>
>>61206347
Check this out, some dude used the stems from Breed to mix it in the style of Albini's In Utero mixes.

Sounds raw as hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkfBzwb6eQw
>>
>>61203212
The entire joan baez catalog.
>>
>>61206571
Here's another, this time In Bloom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3l-wgXzOs8
>>
>>61206571
Does sound a lot nicer. Still is a little much I'd say even. Them getting Albini to record the album was a way of them trying to fight to get their sound back from the major label.
>>
kanye west - power
>>
>>61206671
Like I said, it does sound nicer; mainly in the instrumentals. Sadly I think the vocals were fucked beyond repair on the nevermind versions. The thing is, they could easily do a total remix of the Nevermind album the way it should have been because Butch Vig still possesses all the individual isolated tracks for Nevermind, all the guitars, bass, drums, vocals etc. But they just sit.
>>
>>61206761
It might happen one day. Look what Paul did with Let It Be Naked...

One thing with iconic but defunct bands, they'll always try to repackage and resell the old material and fans will lap it up.
>>
>>61206806
I hope somebody worth mixing it gets a hold of it someday. Albini or someone. I think had Nevermind not been mixed the way it had Nirvana would not have been nearly as famous.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.