[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw saw motörhead a couple of weeks ago >Could barely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: lemmysad.jpg (51 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
lemmysad.jpg
51 KB, 500x500
>mfw saw motörhead a couple of weeks ago
>Could barely hear Lemmys voice
>Phil had to constantly repeat the things he said because Lemmys voice is so slurred
The show was great otherwise, Mikkey and Phil were still great and Lemmy could play the bass, but you can see the dude can't possibly stay here for long.
Lemmy's such a great person and I don't want him to leave us too.
Motörhead thread?
>>
>>61200906
I've always prefered Hawkwind though
He should join them and play a farewell show, you know, time is not on their side
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK5wYYPnePM
>>
>>61200906
Yeah, it's pretty sad.
Saw them 5 years ago and Lemmy still had a great voice.
But that's the rockstar life style got you.
>>
so fucking sad. maybe it's that time that he should make an important decision in his musical career and just step aside. if he continues consuming drugs (alcohol and cigarretes) while trying to sing, he will just die sooner. i hope he thinks it :(
>>
>>61200963
It's so weird that Lemmy was in hawkwind at some point, considering that motorhead and hawkwind were polar opposites.
I always thought that Lemmy's voice was too rough for Hawkwind.
>>
>>61200980
I think he said he doesn't drink Jack Daniels anymore.
But I'm sure that he still drinks wayy too fucking much.
Not sure if quitting drinking can really do much good at this point. He's body is such a wreck.
>>
>>61200906
Motorhead shows have been ropery since like 2009. Saw them last year and they were definitely worse than normal though, it's a shame.
Phil Campbell tours with his son every now and then, it has a really pub covers band vibe to it but it was probably the best motorhead related thing I've seen in a long time.
>>
At least their new music still is pretty good, I liked the new album a bit. A bit formulaic but still very solid
>>
>>61201017
>considering that motorhead and hawkwind were polar opposites.
well, hawkwind was not a nice quiet band either, thay are still considered to be metal pioneers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6OuyJKnIyU
>>
>>61200972
> that's the rockstar life style got you.

yeah because pushing 70 fucking years old couldn't have anything to do with it
>>
>>61201148
at this point is almost useless quiting. like you said, his body is already pretty much destroyed, quiting could just help extending a little his remaining life time, but that's all, he won't sing better anymore
>>
>>61201170
Well this was the last song Lemmy wrote, which clearly showed that Lemmy liked faster, agressive stuff.
The Motörhead version of this song is actually (imo) one of the best Motörhead songs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4XKG1Y5sM8
>>
>>61201148
In my opinion Lemmy was fantastic all the way to 2013, when he had a really shitty year.
>>
>>61200906
It's weird how he lives in a simple apartment in LA and keeps insisting that he's not wealthy even though Motörhead has sold like 35 million albums.Even Phil has a lot of epensive old cars.
>>
File: 1429211178006.jpg (62 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1429211178006.jpg
62 KB, 640x480
>>61201172
your voice gets richer over time, I've been told. It's probably the cigarettes.
>>
>>61201529
Cigarettes are actually a big reason for Lemmys iconic singing voice. You cant naturally have a rough voice like that. So i doubt cigarettes actually made his voice worse.
>>
>>61200906
I swear to god Mikkey Dee is one of the most underrated drummers ever.
He belongs in the fucking top 5.
>>
>>61200906
What's the appeal of this guy? I mean the music is okay and his voice is cool, but doesn't he only write about drugs, sex, and gambling? Or am I wrong?
>>
>>61202331
Nah, he's a really fucking good songwriter.
Look up songs like don't let daddy touch me, just cause' you got the power or I am the sword. Those are one of his best lyrics.
>>
>>61202331
He's the biggest rockstar to ever live, anyone else would've been in a grave for decades if they lived like Lemmy has
>>
>>61202114

His drumming with King Diamond a best.
>>
>>61203246
>He's the biggest rockstar to ever live, anyone else would've been in a grave for decades if they lived like Lemmy has
I'm pretty sure Ozzy, Tony, Geezer and Bill did live like Lemmy, the amount of drugs they consumed is unbelievable, I think noone can top them
>>
>>61203302
I was exagerating for effect. There are a few others but they really are something else
>>
>>61200906
Lemmy is fucking based. Overkill is in my top 5 albums ever.
>>
My favorite Hawkwind is this. You can hear Lemmy sing on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnl6CLNHdN8

Saw Motörhead live last year. Lemmy was clearly tired, but his performance was good. I love this man.
>>
I'd love to see Motorhead cover Silver Machine.
>>
>>61205778
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-PFWBzrbs8
This is the closest thing you can get to that. It's actually pretty close as Lemmy is singing with his new rough voice.
>>
quitting would probably do more harm than good at this point, no way dude could survive withdrawals
>>
>>61200906
i saw him in 2011 and he was borderline young compared to now

pretty bizarre how all that shit caught up to him over the course of just 1 year
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.