[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've only listened to Pet Sounds and the Smile Sessions,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (171 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171 KB, 500x500
I've only listened to Pet Sounds and the Smile Sessions, they've been my two favourite albums for half a decade. I just woke up and realised the Beach Boys have other albums too. Where do I go from here? Rank their discography.
>>
>>61196882
its all kind of meh without brian wilson as the driving force imo
>>
>>61196916

But apparently he was the driving force in a lot of albums afterwards too, Surf's Up, Love You, Sunflower, etc...
>>
>>61196923
hm. what even
>>
>>61196882
Sunflower and Surf's Up are both good, albeit with some questionable cuts (student demonstration time). They both end with 2-3 Brian Wilson songs each, which keeps up the artsy side of the project without having to dedicate entire albums to it.
>>
Bump 4 interest
>>
>>61196923
Sutf's Up and Sunflower are good. But the majority of their albums are mediocre with a couple of great singles. You're better off getting a greatest hits album, I recommend 50 Big Ones.
>>
File: LOVE THING.jpg (10 KB, 255x198) Image search: [Google]
LOVE THING.jpg
10 KB, 255x198
>>61196882
>Listen to
Pet Sounds
Smile Sessions
BWP Smile Sessions
Surfs Up
Friends
Holland
Smiley Smile
Sunflower
Wild Honey
20/20

>Good Pop albums/Classic Beach Boys
Surfin' USA
Sufin' Safari
Surfer Girl
Summer Days (And Summer Nights!!)
Love You
Beach Boys Party
The Beach Boys Today
All Summer Long
Carl and the Passions "So Tough"
That's Why God Made the Radio
Shut Down Volume 2
Little Deuce Coup

>Do not listen to under any circumstances
The Beach Boys
Keepin' The Summer Alive
LA (Light Album)
M.I.U Album
Still Cruisin'
15 Big Ones
Summer In Paradise
>>
Carl and the Passions is so underrated ;_;
>>
https://youtu.be/CF0ES4u8o_k best beach boy song I've ever heard. And it's pretty unknown
>>
>>61197359

Thanks, I didn't find Love You particularly great. Currently on Smiley Smile, the harmonies are nice.
>>
Bump. Smiley Smile is damn great.
>>
>>61196882
For me I'm pretty sure their best stuff is everything Pet Sounds - Surf's Up, but this is what I thought myself back when I took p4k bullshit seriously and I haven't reappropriated Beach Boys since then yet.
Also Love You is pretty alright .
Also a guy I talked to at a Brian Wilson concert I was at last October that was there with Dennis' adopted son told be that Carl and the Passions was a great album, but then he gave me a CD of his own that honestly wasn't too great and also his breath smelled like gross drunk breath so I don't know what to feel about that.
>>
>>61199005
Love the shit out of it
>>
Sunflower is based
>>
>>61199104
MUSIIIIIIIC
WHEN YOU'RE ALOOOOONE
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.