[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
whats the most hipster thing you listen to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: ! ! ! ! pyramid.jpg (2 KB, 146x97) Image search: [Google]
! ! ! ! pyramid.jpg
2 KB, 146x97
whats the most hipster thing you listen to
>>
https://destination-out.bandcamp.com/album/the-dawn-of-dachsman-12-guitar-and-dachsophon-solos
>>
What a beautiful face band
>>
late 20th century contemporary classical or academic electroacoustic stuff
>>
ITAOTS
>>
Litter-gee
>>
Why?

Walter Mitty and his makeshift orchestra

Micachu and the Shapes

Courtney Barnette

Violent Femmes
>>
File: 1450564298575.jpg (21 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1450564298575.jpg
21 KB, 320x320
>>
A few years ago a few friends and I realized we overhear a lot of funny conversation snippets as we wander our campus, so we decided to just randomly start recording people in the hopes of finding gold then splicing stuff together with the intent of making a story as best as we could.

The results were pretty interesting and I like to listen to them again every now and then since they're all pretty open to different interpretations.
>>
>>61195913
ha this fucking guy amiright?
>>
probably fun.
bonus points there because i prefer their material from before they were huge

>>61195888
>based HHH trips
nice
>>
>>61195938
Yeah haha totally.
>>
>>61195842
SPINGO BLINK
>>
radiohead
>>
File: imgres.jpg (8 KB, 160x159) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
8 KB, 160x159
>>
>>61195842
like you would have heard of it. hah!
>>
hipster in the normie sense: nmh and anco
hipster in the actual sense: i like to go through rym charts for niche genres and listen to albums only maybe 2 or 3 people have rated
>>
>>61195913
That sounds awesome. I have always wanted to just randomly record stuff when walking around campus but never had the motivation to. You should upload them.
>>
Band of Susans. Literally no one knows them for some reason.
>>
>>61196116
i prefer their older stuff :~)
>>
probably either boards of canada or swans
>>
File: Panda Bear Meets the Grim Reaper.png (215 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
Panda Bear Meets the Grim Reaper.png
215 KB, 1500x1500
pic related
>>
>>61195913
I've been doing the same thing for the past 3 years to and from work (i take the bus). I splice out interesting bits when I get home and add it to the running narrative. I'll probably do something with it at some point.
>>
>>61195842
“Hipster” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.
>>
>>61195842
probably Messer Chups, although it's more obscure than hipster
>>
File: 1443543875797.jpg (419 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1443543875797.jpg
419 KB, 2000x2000
probably deafheaven
>>
File: a2743213913_2.jpg (38 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
a2743213913_2.jpg
38 KB, 350x350
https://bountainmike.bandcamp.com/releases
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.