[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best Carpenters album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 23464573451.jpg (38 KB, 400x307) Image search: [Google]
23464573451.jpg
38 KB, 400x307
What is the best Carpenters album?
>>
Close To You, or the Christmas Album.

RIP Karen
>>
>>61183072
aren't there two christmas albums?
>>
Feed Me
I Could Die For a Sandwich About Now Mama Cass
>>
>>61183092
Christmas Portrait.
>>
File: 20151221_153745.jpg (972 KB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20151221_153745.jpg
972 KB, 2560x1536
Let's see your collections, /mu/. I have the full discography, but this is all I have at uni. Ticket to Ride is a repress, obviously, but it's a Japanese import so it balances out. I also have three books.

Close to You, Passages in close second, s/t in third. Christmas Portrait is GOAT but not canon.
>>
>>61183247
nice, i just started listening to them recently
>>
>>61183264
Made in America, Lovelines, and Voice of the Heart are the worst of the bunch. Their music was always kind of middle-of-the-road (which I say as a huge fan), but those records were just banal aside from a song or two. Also, their solo stuff is forgettable and really only worth it if you're way into it.

Anyway, Close to You has their best deep cuts, even if s/t and A Song For You had their best hits ("Goodbye to Love" and "Superstar" namely). What are your favorites so far?
>>
>>61183426
I have only listened to the Ticket to Ride album full, haven't listened to enough yet
>>
>>61183556
I'll just say I really enjoy the softness (or whatever the fuck.)
>>
>>61183015
I'm gonna vote for Carpenters (the eponymous album)

>>61183247
Very cool anon.
>>
>>61183556
Ticket to Ride/Offering's pretty good. That's their most "out-there" album they have. If you continue to go in order, it'll be a good ride for you up through Passage. I mean, they're a singles band obviously, but there's still some great stuff that's been forgotten about.
>>
>>61183609
Listening to Close to You right now.
>>
>>61183426
I love the sound of "Goodbye to Love" and "Superstar", I guess they're a little "darker" than some of their other stuff for lack of a better word. I wonder if they would have continued in that direction had they kept going.
>>
>>61183693
I doubt it; that was fairly early in their career, and Karen died about ten years later. They were only getting lighter as the decade went on. Those were the Carpenters little jabs at the record company and their fans for painting them in their "easy-listening" corner. They received dozens of death threats for having a fuzz guitar in "Goodbye to Love."
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.