[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, pleb here. How do I improve/broaden my taste? What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 525x642) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 525x642
Hey guys, pleb here.
How do I improve/broaden my taste? What are some essentials here? Literally my first time posting, besides 3 days of lurking.
Some favorite artists of mine include:
Dick Dale
Simon & Garfunkel
Nas
Zarah Leander (Don't know what the fuck she is singing about, just very pleasing)
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Hendrix
Isley Brothers
Johnny Cash
Donovan
Pink Floyd
White Stripes
Fats Domino
Lou Reed
Thank you for any suggestions. Also, how severe is my pleb taste?
>>
Well it's better than mine I'll tell you that
>>
just start with surf. It needs a lot of help these days.

2014 surf album of the year contender
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfB8Ij2ofqI
>>
>>61171793
Honestly, your taste is better than most of the essentials IMO

Just follow your taste based on recommendations from other users and services like RYM and last.fm. It's a journey that's never over, and the main point is to find music that you love and appreciate, above all
>>
File: 1450672008798.jpg (142 KB, 630x483) Image search: [Google]
1450672008798.jpg
142 KB, 630x483
>>61171793
this will get you started, family
>>
>>61171793
Future.

Listen to beast mode, Pluto, 56 nights, Dirty Sprite 2
>>
>>61171793
Look forward and back

Listen to the people that influenced those artists, and listen to the artists that they themselves influenced

inflooenz.com

I think the site might be down right now, but save it for later.
>>
I think you would like David Bowie
>>
>>61171859
stop trying to sell your awful chart, fag
>>
File: core.jpg (908 KB, 1200x1500) Image search: [Google]
core.jpg
908 KB, 1200x1500
>>
>>61171847

This.

Avoid this board. It will only pull you down and turn you into a fickle asshole. Google 'rateyourmusic' and go there. They have good user lists without all of the vitriolic polemics that you will have to endlessly wade through here. The related artists tagging on last.fm is also great. This anon is pointing you in the right direction.

Avoid this board. It's poison.
>>
>>61171793
You have pretty good taste, stay here more time and it will turn to absolute shit. I made the same mistake, look somewhere else OP.
>>
Kek, I'm gonna get the fuck outta here then. Thanks for the warning fellas. Have a nice life everyone.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.