[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT Truly Extreme Shows. What made it extreme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 11
File: antiseen2a.jpg (37 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
antiseen2a.jpg
37 KB, 400x300
ITT Truly Extreme Shows.
What made it extreme?
>>
>go to Japan on foreign exchange program
>ask roomie who speaks in broken english if there's any cool underground shows
>hai itadakimasu undahgurandu shows
>he takes me to some warehouse with a bunch of speakers set up
>confused but still rolling with it
>horrible screeching sounds start blaring out
>skinny asian dude on stage wrecking shit
>breaks stage with bulldozer
>never got to buy a fucking body pillow

fuck
>>
File: hanatarash-drums.jpg (54 KB, 710x414) Image search: [Google]
hanatarash-drums.jpg
54 KB, 710x414
>>61171215
doubt you were actually there brah
>>
I saw the band Extreme once, they were truly Extreme. I lost my fuckin shit when "More Than Words" came on.
>>
I saw A Day To Remember and fell in the moshpit and got a serious cut on my arm but this girl helped me up and I said thanks and we enjoyed the show standing next to each other
>>
>>61171242
>>61171215
didn't these guys also rip a cat in half onstage or something
>>
Full of Hell

there was only like 10 of us still there (a bunch of shitty local bands played and all the normies left with them)

was probably the loudest show I've been to, and very memorable due to the small amount of people who were really into the music
>>
>>61171242
This seems gimmicky as fuck
>>61171352
Hope you got her number
>>
File: ozzybite.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
ozzybite.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>61171387
yeah, believe everything you hear
>>
>>61171443
>This seems gimmicky as fuck
Probably was. Ironically, they were also the quietest noise band of that scene cause all the destruction was pretty much unamplified. It's all good though cause Eye went on to make boredoms which is the best band.
>>
bumping with least extreme show
>saw A$AP Rocky at a festival
>on stage he told the crowd to open up a pit
>crowd did
>go in pit
>nobody else joins me
fucking lame but my fault for going to a festival I guess
Best mosh pit i've ever seen was The Spits
>>
what's that japanese band that would perform naked and shit on stage and whatnot

i think their name starts with a G but I'm drawing a blank.
>>
>>61171242
you don't know me
>>
>>61171352
>adtr
Kill yourself
>>
>>61171615
the gerogerigegege
>>
>>61171615
The Gerogerigegege? They just masturbate on stage dude

Hijokaidan are pretty crazy though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brPzGMDfMgk
>>
>>61171639
yeah that's it. them japs crazy baka
>>
File: image.jpg (182 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182 KB, 900x675
All your shit is a pussyfart compared to my main homie gg allin
>>
File: gg.jpg (24 KB, 367x318) Image search: [Google]
gg.jpg
24 KB, 367x318
>>61171663
>>61171639
>>61171615
no no no fellas. ha ha ha.
you are ACTUALLy thinking of...
GG ALLIN
>>
File: image.jpg (670 KB, 1280x1184) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
670 KB, 1280x1184
>>61171728
My nigga
>>
>>61171436
Where was this at?
>>
File: g_g_allin_by_anroniomota.jpg (203 KB, 916x678) Image search: [Google]
g_g_allin_by_anroniomota.jpg
203 KB, 916x678
>>61171728
A FELLOW GG ALLIN FAN, MUH NIGGAH
>>
Chaos in Tejas 2007 at Emo's in Austin, Gordon Solie Motherfuckers played.

The moment the first note came through the speakers the place exploded. Within 10 seconds every single trashcan in the place was emptied out and shit, mostly glass bottles, started flying. Someone brought in cans of ground coffee and threw it everywhere. The singer from GSMF picked up a kid out of the audience by the shirt onto the stage, punched him in the face, and threw him back down. He then went and got a chain, like a legit "you can use this to tow stuff with your truck" chain and started whipping it at people. At some point 6 foot aluminum ladder made its way to the pit and was being swung around. The guitar player for Iron Age ran into the room back behind the stage, grabbed a 15 inch CRT TV and threw it into the audience and it shattered everywhere. All along the side of the venue, a bunch of record distros had been set up. Someone stole a box full of (what I'd later find out were all apparently old and rare) 7" records and started flinging them around like frisbies. I saw two people being dragged out covered in blood when it was all over.

I have never been more afraid for my life than that night. It was pandemonium.
>>
>>61172264

My second craziest night:

My friend's 21st birthday, in 2007. A show was booked to celebrate. A (terrible but always fun) band from Houston called Pride Kills played. When they went on the trash can full to the brim with glass bottles was turned over. Another friend of mine would later describe what happened next as "a tornado of glass and pain". A disco ball was smashed with a broom and super soakers loaded with cologne were brought in and sprayed everywhere. Yet another friend of mine cut his hand so bad that if it weren't for the quick thinking of someone else at the show who was training to be a firefighter he probably would have bled out. There was blood fucking everywhere. The cops eventually showed up along with three fire engines.

I'm just glad no one died.
>>
>>61172308

Last one worth mentioning:

SXSW 2008 (maybe 2007?) Fucked Up played a show at like 2 AM on the Lamar Pedestrian Bridge (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamar_Boulevard_Bridge). Not the first or last bridge show I'd seen, but the only one I've ever been to where the whole bridge was moving up and down. Bottle rockets were being shot off every few seconds and ALL of the little shrub trees that were in planters on the bridge were ripped up and swung around at people. People were tossing full beer cans/bottles as high as they could in the air so they would land on people's heads.

I'm just glad no one fell into the Colorado River.
>>
>>61171172
I went to a few Gwar shows in the late 90s. They were always fucking madhouses. Giant foam dickmonsters eating band members, colorful unidentified liquids being sprayed all over the audience, people on stilts in bondage costumes simulating sex on stage...
Probably the most fucked up part was a bit where they brought out a Jon Benet Ramsey doll and threw it around between band members taking turns fucking it with enormous strap ons.
Also, by far the most violent mosh pits I've ever experienced. So much blood, I'm surprised I didn't get hepatitis.
>>
>>61171436
gigs with few but hyped people are always great, specially when the genres of the bands are extreme
>>
>>61172264
That sounds terrible. Why would you want that?
>>
>>61172800

There's just something exhilarating about being in a situation that amounts to a 250 person free for all melee. It's hard to explain, especially to someone whose never been there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob89YiblD18
>>
File: GISM.jpg (75 KB, 770x858) Image search: [Google]
GISM.jpg
75 KB, 770x858
>>61171678
>>61171728
GG is a fucking pussy compared sakevi yokoyama of GISM
>>
>>61172987
GISM might be the only band I'd be kinda afraid to see. I'm sure that show in the Netherlands next spring is gonna be nuts.
>>
>>61173072
I heard about the show. I'd give and arm ad a leg to have them played in the US, specifically somewhere on the east coast so I could attend
>>
>>61171558
I saw DFA 1979 live at a festival and the mosh pit was crazy.
>>
>>61172231
>>61171728
>>61171678
>>61171769

what's good my nigs?
>>
>>61171663
>chick pisses on stage, rolls in it, and follows people in the crowd

That's hilarious.
>>
White people are crazy: The thread.
>>
>>61173308
>japs
>white
>>
Death Grips
>>
>>61171436
Full of Hell are fucking maaad
>>
>>61171172
ironically also antiseen like in pic related.
jeff clayton started cutting his face up and shit.
>>
>not posting the REAL shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNr0SUjJy-U
>>
Some of the early Sexdrome shows were pretty crazy. Blood, broken bones, broken chairs, people and bottles flying everywhere. Even a guard got taken down in the pit at one point, when he was trying to stop it.
>>
>>61174407

did you see their last show in denmark? Loke ran into the remains of the pit and beat a drunk guy who was flailing into a pulp, had to be dragged out
>>
>>61174768
if it was in Copenhagen, no. I probably saw them 5-6 times, though. Even played a gig with them (and Iceage) 2 times. But yeah, Loke was a pretty scary frontman.
>>
>>61173724
>not even as hardcore as gay backyard wrestling
>>
>>61171678
>>61171728

gg allin is a fucking retard.

>get famous by mutilating yourself and shitting on stage

im sure somebody would have done the same thing if he wasnt around.
>>
>>61174864

Damn i wish i was part of that scene in the early days, only came down from sweden to see a few shows. Iceage was also pretty wild back then but not as physically threatening as Sexdrome
>>
freaking losers in this post have never hear of marilyn manson he freaking cut himself on stage all the time and hes more hardcorer than all of the losers in this post okay? listen to antichrist superstar to see crazy music. am listen right now and beautiful people scariest singing i ever hear. actual listening to real scary music unlike people here who just listen sound and stupid screaming. how it feel am girl and like actual creepy music? thoughts so
>>
>tfw you will never get to see the glory days of Gordon Solie Motherfuckers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OLuYibbe_M
>>
>>61174977
yeah, also its pretty fun to see the whole Posh Isolation/Mayhem thing get so much attention. Good for them. But yeah, those were pretty crazy days/nights.
>>
>>61174768
>>61174407

Wait is that the guy from Croatian Amor?
>>
Rob Zombie was the best/worst I have been to, not because he was being hardcore or anything but because the crowd erupted into a literal brawl.

Like 1000 angry neckbeards in a full fistfight, I broke my knuckles, got two black eyes, and lost a molar
>>
Any local punk show here where I live. There's a vivid punk scene going on right now. Sick bands, everybody plays like their life depends on it. Small venues diy everything.
>>
>>61175389
what city? name some bands senpai
>>
>>61175252
yep + Lust For Youth etc
>>
File: JUST.jpg (749 KB, 1340x1006) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
749 KB, 1340x1006
>>61175068
Here's the thing about Marilyn. The man had some serious pipes. He had a 4 octave range and he excelled in any octave. He wrote brilliant songs. And his stage presence was only matched by Adolf Hitler. Seriously, watch them play Antichrist Superstar at Big Day Out and then watch a video of the Nuremburg rallies. We had better thank our lucky stars Marilyn didn't go into politics or he would have taken over the world. But Manson as a whole had a brilliant dynamic. It wasn't just the Marilyn Manson backup band. They all made huge creative contributions to what made Manson what it is. Yes, Marilyn wrote Minute of Decay, GodEatGod, and Obsequey (The Death of Art), but Twiggy Ramirez wrote The Beautiful People, The Dope Show, and Lamb of God, Madonna Wayne Gacy wrote Cryptorchid, Fundamentally Loathsome, and Thaeter, and John 5 wrote The Fight Song, A Place in the Dirt, and The Bright Young Things. Other bands like Nine Inch Nails for instance were not like that. NIN was basically just the Trent Reznor backup band. Marilyn Manson was this perfect storm of legendary talent, and Marilyn was the face of it all, the delicious cherry on top of an already delicious sundae. He was the ambassador that allowed the amazing talent of combo that was Manson to be brought into our lives. He was the prism that focused the lazer beams from the brains of Ramirez, Gacy, and 5, and amplified them until they were powerful enough to blow our minds out through our ear holes. Yes, he was the most incredible front man who ever lived, hands down.
>>
>>61175621
wew lad
>>
>>61171172
whos this hamplanet
>>
>>61171172
Played 8-ball pool with Christian from The Hotelier before one of their Australian shows, such a nice dude. Pretty extreme.
>>
ITT we confuse extreme with edgy
>>
>>61175621
Tbqh Mansons music isnt bad
>>
>>61171436
>>61173596
the new ep is out for free on their bandcamp fyi
>>
>>61171436
Saw full of hell with merzbow this year.
Harder then anything i've seen although Jucifer was pretty close.
>>
>>61175621
Couldn't decide which set is best but here are incredible shows from 95'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMZ4qatMXWA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMkjHIJdx3M
>>
>Christmas Eve show at shady venue
>venue is really just a warehouse
>hardcore bands and death metal bands
>metal ponytail dudes start shit with hardcore dudes bc they hate crowdkilling and the violent pit in general
>local slam metal plays and announces break up
>death metal band headlining plays, it's their LP release
>moshing and actual fighting breaks out
>guitarist from slam metal band just starts throwing full beer cans everywhere and glass bottles get thrown too
>just an entire mess of Neanderthal bashing

To get a gauge on this show, the bands were called BENCHPRESS (no joke), Embludgeoned (obv slam metal band), and No Reason To Live
>>
>>61176454
lucky bitch, was he wearing those sexy 3 quarter length demin shorts with tights
>>
>>61175621
To be honest, this might be unironically true. Especially the part about his stage presence matching hitler, watch any of his preformances during the antichrist superstar and mechanical animals era, it was insane. No small underground band could pull off his type of preformances, intensity, and massiveness that he could
>>
>>61172264
I hope this. Is real. Rip in peace old emo's btw
>>
When I saw slayer at this festival a bunch of pineapples were being thrown around. This girl next to me got hit in the head by one and got knocked out.
>>
>>61176932
i love stories like this because they always seem too surreal to be true
>>
>>61171443

they made really well mastered noise albums
>>
>>61171615
GIRUGAMESH
>>
File: tumblr_nkplqeDb1s1u23pduo1_1280.jpg (198 KB, 824x848) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkplqeDb1s1u23pduo1_1280.jpg
198 KB, 824x848
>>61177259
you should find your local scene, most metal and hardcore shows overlap for local bands.

I saw ACXDC, Sunlights Bane, and dead church two weekends back. Early nov. I saw harms way, tbdm, and iron reagan.

Image related is some of the shows they've hosted this year.

You fags should get out more, those stories are not really out of order for things.
>>
>>61177454
desu i cant think of one punk or metal band from vegas but id definitely go to local shows if there was a scene here
>>
>>61177635
my ex was from Henderson, she said there were shows all the time in the early aughts. No idea what its like now, but at one time there was.
>>
>>61177454
Find me some fucking decent hardcore/metal bands in Taiwan. I'm dying to see some good shit, and it's all deathgrind cucks here who think spitting on the ceiling and then letting it drip back into your mouth is extreme.
>>
>>61176454
I saw them in at a free venue in Glasgow (Scotland) on their first UK tour, was fucking incredible, first support was Emperor X. Christian's so nice though, everyone was packed like sardines and a couple guys near the front were doing push dancing (literally just those two, it was absolutely full) and kept pushing me onto the monitors/the stage and he asked them to stop, gave him a hug after the show then found out he doesn't like shit like that happening. Whoops.
>>
>>61177635
there's a scene everywhere, especially in a city as big as Vegas
get out more
>>
>>61177763
Oh yeah, also said it was his 'favourite firetrap' they had played. So much fun.
>>
>>61176932
was this at The Shop in Pittsburgh? That sounds really familiar. I at least remember my friend putting his foot through a wall during Embludgeoned.

No Reason to Live is funny as fuck between songs.
>>
>>61174768
I'm only familiar with Lust for Youth, so it's really funny to hear that a member of a fruity synthpop group attacks people in his other band.
>>
>>61176568
I was supposed to see them a few weeks ago with weekend nachos and extortion but the tour got cancelled. I was super bummed. Do they still play dregs of pluto live?
>>
>>61171663
DUDE PERFORMANCE ART LMAOOO

absolute fucking nonsense, zero artistic merit. That asian is hot a fuq tho i want her to piss on me
>>
>>61179125
>That asian is hot a fuq tho
ok
>i want her to piss on me
what
>>
>>61179194
Hello newguy
>>
File: 1395028991542.jpg (72 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
1395028991542.jpg
72 KB, 800x533
The absolute madman.
>>
>>61173724
>the cute girl at :25
>>
>>61179819
I don't get what is so popular about these photos. It looks like no one is there but him and a photographer.
>>
>>61177410
And gaming!
>>
Fuck off you pussies
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv0JqUVjNh8
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.