[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brah, Tom Petty is awesome! Last Dance with Mary Jane, Free Fallin',
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: pot-head-wig-61365.jpg (234 KB, 1315x1300) Image search: [Google]
pot-head-wig-61365.jpg
234 KB, 1315x1300
Brah, Tom Petty is awesome! Last Dance with Mary Jane, Free Fallin', I could go on. LET ME GET, TO THE POINT! LET'S ROLL, ANOTHER JOIIIIIIIINT
>>
Tom Petty is good, back to memerap with you kid
>>
I love Runnin Down a Dream
>>
Dude I'm so stoned lmao! Vote Bernie man I want that free college so I have more money to buy that green man. Trump is like, an asshole and insensitive and that's fucked up. Dude its 2015 man, bad vibes and shit. Turn up that sublime bruh and lets watch some fucking Family Guy!!
>>
>>61165473
Tom Petty is okay, he's not great but he's good. Never seen someone act like this over his music.
>>
>>61165880
This is the hallmark of someone out of touch with people who are stoners in college. Most of the guys in hang out with get stoned and throw a football around the room, watch Archer, and trade vinyl
>>
do stereotypical stoners even listen to tom petty

they like bob marley and 311 and shit
>>
>>61165927
Yeah I guess you don't get to interact much, living in your mom's basement and all
>>
>>61165972
I hang out with a group of stoners at my uni and they don't listen to tom petty. They like pop trap or basic college kid /mu/core indie.
>>
>>61165972
Half my friends are stoners, they all listen to hip hop and psy trance. Tom Petty is liked by some of the 'real rawk' dudes I know and some folkies I know. He's can be kind of a hippie icon but he's not a stoner icon by any means.
>>
>>61165473
Stoners listen to Tool, Bob Marley, Grateful Dead, Phish, and Massive Attack, not tom petty. Are you 50+ years old or something?
>>
>>61165972
My stoner friends listen to jam bands, avant prog, and trap rap. They've never mentioned petty and they don't have and Heartbreakers vinyl (they have a few hundred vinyl.
>>
>>61166472
>>61166427
>>61166361
>>61166126
>>61165965
I don't believe what I'm reading. Every single person I smoked with at Penn State turned on a Tom Petty song at least once. Then again they were more rural white trash types, but it still made perfect sense considering songs like Last Dance with Mary Jane, This Old Town, etc.
>>
>>61167163
maybe its a regional thing

I go to college at Oregon and they like drake/future/chief keef trap shit or entry-level indie like pavement and american football.

Now that you mention it I recall someone putting last dance with mary jane on once during a smoke sesh but thats only one song (and its about weed so it makes sense) and I've never heard anyone actually talk about tom petty or play any other songs.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.