[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gimme some shit like Django Reinhardt if you can please?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
Gimme some shit like Django Reinhardt if you can please?
>>
>>61164354
Try Django Reinhardt
>>
>>61164425
nyahaha OP so troled xd
>>
>>61164430
U mad bro?
>>
>>61164505
epic win
>>
django recorded hundreds of songs why would you want anything else
>>
>>61164425
>>61164505
you're just boring desu. i mean it wasn't funny or insulting or anything really. seriously, try harder.

>>61164530
I don't know, I guess just to see what's out there. I'm not really well versed in Jazz. I've just listened to the 'best of' like 5 times on spotify now.

But yeah, I should probably work my way through the 20 other releases.
>>
>>61164354
Christian Escoudé
Biréli Lagrène
Tchan Tchou Vidal
Boulou and Elios Ferré
Matelo Ferret
>>
>>61164354
Stephane Grapelli, his violinist has released some stuff by himself. Also, if you didn't know the genre Django plays, its been dubbed "gypsy jazz"
>>
>>61164430
He's got a good point though. The sheer size of Django's discog, there's no way op has actually worked his way through it.
>>
>>61164577
You're much better off actually taking the time to absorb the material and explore his output rather than superficially glancing at a release or two from a bunch of musicians.
>>
>>61164577
Do you really think I was trying to be clever with my posts? The way you are reacting is exactly what I wanted to provoke. It's literally impossible to make biting jokes on 4chan anymore, so I post the most asinine outdated memes and it's upsets everyone- no one knows how to deal with my brand of shit on 4chan anymore. It's avant-shitposting fag. Sorry that you don't get it.
>>
>>61164910
This is also shitposting. Don't respond to it.
>>
>>61164910
This is not shitposting. Please respond to it.
>>
More like Django Poopypants
>>
Jimmy Rosenberg

https://youtu.be/eKBTx54ZrkA
>>
>>61164354
Antonio Carlos Jobim
>>
>>61164908
Will do, anon!
Going to go through the Djangologie... 17 discs, probably like 12 hours. Just finished the first one. The problem I have with Jazz/Classical is building coherent playlists/picking out favorites, I don't like to just toss all that shit into my regularly poppy library because it's offputting.
>>61164839
>>61164869
and I'll note these.
>>
Grant Green is another seminal jazz guitarist that I imagine you would also like. Check out Idle Moments in particular.
>>
>>61164354
Bireli Lagrene
Tchavolo Schmitt
Angelo Debarre
Stochelo Rosenburg

I learned this style on guitar for a while and Tchavolo is my favourite.

The problem with the genre is it gets very repetitive - I can't help but feel the modern guys focus too much on speed and not enough on the swing like Django did.
>>
>>61167202
Django himself is kind of repetitive desu.
>>
No Oscar Aleman? Come on, there's a whole story about him and Django.
>>
>>61164354
what happened to his left hand
>>
>>61167587
Rotten pussy.
>>
>>61167202
Is it any fun to play alone? Or pleasant sounding
>>
Seconding Bireli Lagrene. Dude rips. He also plays a lot of fusion stuff too that's worth checking out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yfQN8-tVlQ
>>
>>61167722

It's essential to play with backing tracks if you don't have a jam partner. I was playing with a friend so it was fine. But yeah, a single gypsy jazz guitar sounds a bit sad.

>>61167550

I agree the genre is inherently repetitive, but what I mean is the modern solos seem to be a competition to see who can play the fastest.
>>
Leo Kottke
>>
>>61168094
Django actually has a really nice collection of solo recordings. For some of them it's really compelling and interesting but there's a few duds where the material just isn't interesting enough to warrent being played by one person. It's incredibly difficult to make solo jazz work though.
He was a hell of an improviser though and the solo tracks really display his ability.
>>
>>61168984

Can you link me to his solo stuff?
>>
Django Django :^)
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 500x488) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 500x488
>>61169523
That's the album there, In Solitaire. I think I got it off soulseek. I'm not at a pc so I can't upload it but if you can't find it, I'll try put it in a sharethread or maybe the jazz blindfold thread tomorrow.
>>
>>61169622

Cheers
>>
>>61164354
I got you covered, senpai.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvHc-128f04
>>
>>61167675
kek
>>
love to fuck my girlfriend to this music
>>
>>61164354
You might like Eddie Lang:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggJCrl9oEgQ
>>
>>61170912
Very chill
>>
bump cause i like django
>>
>>61164869
it's an apt genre name but if I was Django i'd be pissed t bh
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.