[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"I just fucked your bitch in some gucci flip flops"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 11
File: imgres-1.jpg (10 KB, 224x224) Image search: [Google]
imgres-1.jpg
10 KB, 224x224
"I just fucked your bitch in some gucci flip flops"
+ "I'ma put my thumb in her butt"
= #19 on P4k's aoty list
>>
yeah it has some great tracks but also some meh ones, its a decent project though.
>>
>>61163643
muh cherrypicked lyrics
>>
>>61163918
all the other lyrics are like that too, nice try.
>>
Its better than To Pimp A Butterfly.
>>
>>61163918
>>61164424

This
>>
i cant wait to get these lyrics tattooed on me
>>
One of my favorite songs of the year desu
He isn't trying to have some clairvoyant stream of conciousness decree from the most high and make you question your fucking existence.
He's trying to make music to do drugs and party to, so that's what the lyrics are about. What's so hard about this? Do you not go out or some shit?
>>
the way he raps and how often he talks about being infatuated with codeine its obvious that he's a depressed syrup addict

the lyrics aren't important but the delivery and style of the album is

its something you can really only vibe with if youve been stuck in drugs, if you don't fall in this category you'll either not like it, or treat it like normie trap and play it in the whip with your bros and bang out to lyrics like "long live A$AP Yams I'm on that codeine right now" and "i know the devil is real, i take a dose of them pills and get real low in the field"
>>
>I just fucked your bitch in some gucci flip flops
Did she have the flip flops on or Future?
>>
am I looking too much into it but did anyone else feel emptiness and sadness in this album? like he is doing all these things but he isn't okay with it.

I am not a fan of Future of the genre just my thoughts.
>>
>>61164561
yes that's exactly what's happening
>>
>>61164504
literally r/hiphopheads: the post
>>
>>61164504
I don't like shit, I don't go outside.
>>
>>61164547
I think he meant that he himself is wearing Gucci flip flops while fucking your bitch
>>
>>61164628
Ok thanks :)
>>
>analyzing in-depth a pop trap album

nah you morons its just music to get turnt too there's no deep meaning or allegory in there. its not a fucking sufjan album or some shit its music to drink and fuck to
>>
>>61164604
thanks for letting us know how you roll in r/hiphopheads
>>
>>61164561

i don't that's what he was trying to do but that comes out cause that's his actual situation

its the same as people calling cheif keef's music avant garde when really he just has no idea what he's doing
>>
>>61164376
"I haven't listened to the album but I'll be damned if that stops me from having an opinion on it"
>>
i know right. should have definitely been higher up the list. Fuck tpab
>>
>>61163643
So when is someone going to recommend he seeks help

His shit bumps occasionally but it's quite depressing if you really listen to it
>>
yeah what a piece of shit album!!! he should write lyrics that i dont understand just so i can brag about how deep the music i listen to is!!!!
>>
>listening to trap for lyrics
>pretending trap lyrics are deep
>>
>there are people actually arguing whether a rap album is supposed to have deep lyricism or not
What is this, 2003? Haven't we gotten past this topic yet?
>>
This shit makes me want to fucking drink lean all day, but also to never fucking touch the shit
>>
>>61164504
tl;dr: WHY DO YOU HATE FUN BRO?
>>
sex drugs n money

fundamental rock n roll shit

there's nothing not to like on DS2
>>
>>61164561
Well yeah, there's a lot of stuff about depression/addiction, a lot of its pretty literal, not sure how people are missing this
>>
File: cover.jpg (887 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
887 KB, 1600x1600
>>61165295
>nothing to not like
Lil Wayne on the "Fuck Up Some Commas" remix, but that's it.

but 56 Nights is still better.
>>
>>61165360

so unnecessary but it's a bonus track so whatever

i think beast mode + 56 nights > DS2 but only because several of the songs in the middle of the album sound kind of samey
>>
>rap
>good

are we still doing this meme? i thought it was dead
Rapposting should be a bannable offence
>>
File: pointing-gun-you-23554459.jpg (82 KB, 953x1300) Image search: [Google]
pointing-gun-you-23554459.jpg
82 KB, 953x1300
>C'mon, bitch, post your favorite Future lyric or I'll shoot!
>>
>>61165566

"ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh"
>>
how many albums made from third world artists are in the p4k end of the year list
I mean if they care so much about social justice they should make sure that at least half of the list is dedicated to non-developed countries, right
>>
>>61165566
*mumbles about codeine*
>>
>>61164673
>its music to drink and fuck to
Why are these degenerates on my /mu/?
>>
>>61165952
/mu/ is the most normie board on the site behind /b/ m8
>>
File: index.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>61165566
>Girl you know you like a pistol, you a throw away
literally shakespearean
>>
>>61165997
normie =/= degenerate
>>
>>61166015
DS2 desperately needed more songs like that
>>
>>61165952
>>61166019
>degenerate

>>>/pol/ you neckbeard
normal people like to have fun and socialize once in a while.
>>
>>61166053
>I have to drink to have fun
I'd rather kill myself than live your life tbqh
>>
>>61166053
Nah. Nah fuck off normie.
>>
>>61164376
"It got blood on that money and I still count it
They got blood on the money and I still count it
I can't help the way I'm raised up
That Easter Pink, I tried to give it up, I can't give it up"

>>61164673
"I can't change, I was God-given
Tryna make a pop star and they made a monster"

>>61165566
"I know the devil is real, I know the devil is real
I take a dose of them pills and I get real low in the field"
>>
>>61166087
tell us anon what would people do at your party?
>>
>>61165566
TURN YA HOMIE TO FOOD, HE A GOOFY
MY LIL ONE GET HEAD FROM A GROUPIE
>>
>>61166138
I haven't heard this album and you just helped convince me that it's complete shit.
>>
>>61166087
>I don't like drinking
I'd rather kill myself than live your life tbqh

>>61166192
if you judge any type of music by the lyrics then you're obviously fucking retarded so I wouldn't expect you to understand Future anyways
>>
>>61166155
Play video games listen to music and watch movies
>>
>>61166242
>if you judge any type of music by the lyrics then you're obviously fucking retarded so I wouldn't expect you to understand Future anyways
This entire post is bait.
>>
>>61166277
nah it's only about 20% bait, I'd like you to give me a reasonable argument as to why ever judging music by it's lyrics is okay
>>
>>61166311
You really want it don't you? Okay big guy, here's your (You)
>>
>>61166311
Because if you're going to include vocals in your music, they'd better be worth hearing and not detract from the overall listening experience. Judging lyrics is as valid as judging any other part of a song. If you have the nerve to write a song about sticking your thumb into someones butt, your music is not worth listening to by any means and you should be barred from writing music for the rest of your life because you're talentless.
>>
>>61166349
nice argument, you sure got me!!!

>>61166357
The vocals are supposed to be listened to like any other instrument. The voice is made to produce sound that go with the music, lyrics are just text, it doesn't have anything to do with actual music.
>>
>>61166407
>The vocals are supposed to be listened to like any other instrument.
And therefore, they will be judged as harshly as any other instrument.

I'm not going to waste my time responding to this obvious bait. This is your final (You)
>>
>>61166550
Vocals and lyrics should be separated and since lyrics are nothing but text (they have no connection to music) they shouldn't be regarded when judging music quality.
>>
I really wish Pitchfork would stop incorporated Hip Hop into its rankings. Black music simply is not for us, we can't have an opinion on it and that's fine. Whites went in and took Hip-Hop from blacks and now the blacks are retaliating, which is completely justified. The blacks got pepe and next thing you know 4chan will be the new vine. There will be a /wat/ - What are those!?! board. The gentrification of Hip-Hop has murdered memes and white culture. Why can't we just let blacks have their own thing while we do our own thing, we can still coexist. I have plenty of Chinese and Indian neighbors and I only participate in their cultures insofar as I am invited to participate. Whites just went in and ripped Hip-Hop from the hands of blacks and now pepe is dead. I hope all of you are fucking proud of yourselves.
>>
>>61166767
White people are the main consumers of black twitter memes so everything in this post is wrong also it's completely unrelated to the thread
>>
when pitchfork writes about artists like future or chief keef it comes off as odd to me. when i read their reviews they come off as trying too hard to act like they get it. i grew up in a poor neighborhood surrounded by rap and ive never seen people talk about it like they do
>>
>>61166903
welcome to the current year
it is the current year
>>
>>61166903
Its a bunch of white upper class hipsters who fetishize lower class blacks and the thug lief style.
Its all a joke for them, blacks are the cartoon character they can live vicariously through.

Its not exclusive to blacks though, like how hipsters used to wear trucker hats, or the flannel and torn jeans, all co opted from lower class whites.
>>
>>61167291
what?

>>61167374
yea thats what i figured
>>
File: Untitled.png (18 KB, 631x214) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
18 KB, 631x214
>>61166903
writers like meaghan garvey are so blatantly condescending and racist. pic related
>>
>>61165566
>I ain't got no manners for no sluts, I'mma put my thumb in her butt
Actually not a bad lyric at all, just #honest
>>
>>61165787
8.5/10 BNM
>>
File: hi.jpg (29 KB, 598x399) Image search: [Google]
hi.jpg
29 KB, 598x399
>>61164945
>>
I could actually enjoy this album if the songwriting wasn't so fucking boring. The production is pretty interesting, but I hate that every song is just a loop of the same beat with no progression, no sections in the songs, no changes. This album is so elementary in its compositions it hurts.
>>
>>61169321
It seems so in the first listen, I would advice you to give it more listens

Meanwhile I enjoy this video and his dance with the Haitian flag
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXGORPXI6QQ
>>
>>61169383
I've given it a couple of listens. It's fun music for what it is, I just can't get into it because of how redundant it is. I don't even want to listen to one song all the way through. There's not a lot there.
>>
>>61164561
>reading this much suburban white boy shit into Future
Nah man, he just fucked your bitch in some Gucci flip flops. That's it.
>>
>>61165566
>There's a lot on my mind, there's a lot on my plate
>But I never complain

or

>Bitch, I'mma choose the dirty over you
>You know I ain't scared to lose you
>>
>>61169425
>I don't even want to listen to one song all the way through.

>It's fun music for what it is, I just can't get into it because of how redundant it is. There's not a lot there.

That's your problem, you're letting your assumptions influence your opinion on the music before appreciating it

And no -fun is relative- but this album is not made with that intention, and definitely not that atmosphere. It's in no way a light-hearted album.

It's weird that it opens with the worst line in the album "I just fucked your bitch (etc)" because the rest of the album is really solid lyrically - expressionist and honest.
>>
>>61163643
>"I just fucked your bitch in some gucci flip flops"
whats bad about this line? nothing.
>>
You're right its a top 10 album, TMT was right
>>
>>61166249
>playing videogames
>at a party
hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

I hope you seriously aren't over the age of 18 and still playing video-games, especially in a social context. I can't believe faggots like you still exist. Also it is possible to get turnt up like a hedonist without drinking and doing drugs btw but some of the autists on this board are dependent on like 5 standard drinks or illicit drugs before they even consider being able to talk to a girl.
>>
>>61165566
"I'll serve my auntie that water
shit, I'd serve my mama some water"
>>
guys the more i listen to this album the more i fall in love with it. it's a fucking masterpiece and it definitely takes more at least 3 listens to realize it
>>
>>61163643
What a fucking joke.

Such mediocrity.
>>
2015 was the year were it was cool to act like a nigger but in a post-ironic way where its like BlackLivesMatter right guys? I like Future and Young Thug tooo! look how counter-culture I am from the nonhiphop people!

2016 this meme might die, but who knows.
>>
>>61169600
this

I have now listened to it pretty much every day since it came out, while driving by myself at night, while driving with the squad, while feeling depressed on /mu/, while at work and it comes on often at parties and at the club so I can get turnt up. Most addicitive album of the year.
>>
>>61169600
>>61169684
These
>>
>>61169676
Probably not, Young Thug is still yet to release his magnum opus studio album in 2016 and Future still has solid material coming thru.

Metro Boomin is also likely to breakthrough as a producer big time in 2016.
>>
>>61169531
No, they aren't assumptions. Listen to one of the 18 songs. Outside of a couple tracks, there is no progression in the song structures. The production is completely static across the album.
>>
>>61169559
>Also it is possible to get turnt up like a hedonist
>turnt up like a hedonist

you've never actually been to a party, have you
>>
File: future.jpg (1 MB, 3304x2284) Image search: [Google]
future.jpg
1 MB, 3304x2284
future.
>>
>>61169721
>static

I think you mean calculated and consitent
>>
honest is his best album
>>
>>61169732
I got home at 5am this morning after macking some random slag faglord
>>
>>61169740
Sure, that is one way to put, but it's still boring. I don't want to listen to 4 minute song that's a 10 second loop on repeat with no changes, no different sections or anything. Some of these songs don't even sound like they have hooks or choruses. Was it intentional? Maybe, but it's a risk that did not pay off. It's just boring and the album would have been much better if Future could have brought in some better flows and songwriting.
>>
>taking chemotherapy after reading the entire thread
>>
>>61169721
All of the songs have at least: intro, hook, verse, bridge and outro

What you're saying is factually wrong

The ad-libs also add a lot of variety, even though this album is not meant to be structurally complex, instead its elements are
>>
>>61169791
DS2 is more closer to a noise record than a pop record if you want choruses go listen to the radio faggot
>>
>>61163918
so you're not denying that those lyrics are in the album
>>
>>61169804
I'm talking about the beats. Behind the intro, the hook, verse etc, the beat is literally the same. The beats do not change at all for the entirety of the tracks.

>>61169828
Future is pure radio music and you are delusional if you don't know that
>>
File: fedoracorefaggot.jpg (7 KB, 183x276) Image search: [Google]
fedoracorefaggot.jpg
7 KB, 183x276
>judging music based on lyrics
>judging music based on the least important category
>>
>>61169887
>you can only say lewd things in music if they are ironic xD!
Plus they're taken out of context, you are the moron
>>
>>61169804
>structurally complex, instead its elements are

I think it's quite a stretch to call the ad-libs and the other 'elements' of this album complex.
>>
>>61169910
>Behind the intro, the hook, verse etc, the beat is literally the same
This is false

>Future is pure radio music and you are delusional if you don't know that
I don't think you understand the concept of "radio music"
>>
>>61169946
As someone who actually likes the album the lyrics aren't really out of context. The album is literally about sex and drugs. It's really pretentious to pretend like this album is some super deep shit. It has some interesting introspective and depressing moments about drug use, but this album is in no way above those vices.
>>
>>61169984
Show me 2 or 3 songs that this isn't true of. The only one I can remember off the top of my head is fuck up some commas and the chorus section of that song is only marginally different.
If it has more than one single that gets constant play on the radio then it is quite literally radio music.
>>
>>61169984
>>61170024
Also, moments where the bass or percussion cuts is not a change. I mean an actual progression or change in the sound. If you like that then it's fine, but the beats are stagnant whether or not you enjoy them that way.
>>
>>61170024
mbdtf had a song that got tons of radio play and still does to this day. does that make it a radio album?
>>
>>61165360
the songs I don't like on DS2 I replaced with 56 Nights, sounds so much better now.
>>
>>61169993
>the lyrics aren't really out of context.
"I ain't got no manners for no sluts, I'mma put my thumb in her butt"
That's a more contextual way of putting it, and even then it's outside the music and ambiance it's supposed to be in

>The album is literally about sex and drugs.
That's a very simple minded way to think, you could say the same about pic related

>It's really pretentious to pretend like this album is some super deep shit.
It's not "super deep shit", it's honest and expressionistic
>>
>>61170070
Yes, it does. No album has literally every song off it played on the radio. Singles, especially those which are given to radio stations to play before albums even drops, makes it a mainstream radio album. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's dumb to argue that DS2 has merit because it's not a radio album when it is one of the most popular albums and most well received by average hip hop fans.
>>
File: picasso, prostitutes.jpg (114 KB, 982x1026) Image search: [Google]
picasso, prostitutes.jpg
114 KB, 982x1026
>>61170093
>>
>complaining about ds2 being repetitive as if rap hasn't been like that from the start

lel
>>
File: 124214213423432.png (6 KB, 234x210) Image search: [Google]
124214213423432.png
6 KB, 234x210
>>61170073
u what
>>
>>61170093
>it's honest and expressionistic
>It has some interesting introspective and depressing moments about drug use

You can't even tell that I've said the same thing you did and literally agree with you because you have to present it in a pretentious way. Like I said, the album has some more interesting moments, but it's ridiculous to say that it isn't coupled with some low brow lyrics. But that's part of the appeal anyway.
>>
>>61170106
You're comparing DS2 to abstract art. That comparison doesn't work at all.
>>
>>61170143
I just really took out The Percocet & Stripper Joint and sprinkled 56 Nights all over the album. Stripper Joint felt out of place
>>
>>61163643
"I just fucked your bitch in some Gucci flip flops" is one of the greatest opening lines to a rap album ever anon
>>
>>61170180
>Picasso
>Abstract art
Holy shit
>>
>>61169554
whats good about this line? nothing.
>>
>>61171465
It's a great imagery, ignorant and funny at the same time. If you dislike it go back to listening to Immortal Technique
Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.