[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your daily reminder nobody can ever be as based as Sufjan Stevens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Subaru Stevens.jpg (609 KB, 1000x665) Image search: [Google]
Subaru Stevens.jpg
609 KB, 1000x665
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMMJXmHzWjM
>>
Remember when he released that noise track that sounds as good/bad as other noise, but try hard noise fans pretended that it was so much worse?
>>
>>61159555
link please? i need to hear it for my life to complete
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu754RS1T04
>>
>>61159585
found it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu754RS1T04
>>
>>61159527
He's the most mediocre artist of our generation.

He can't make electronic music.
He can't write serious literary music
His attempts at folk music are awful

He's handsome and he presents himself as a serious tortured artist, so people eat it up. Sometimes I wonder if pop music fans are capable of recognizing how predictable and superficial they are
>>
>>61159681
i dont appreciate your tone, please channel your negativity somewhere else
>>
>>61159681
shut the fuck up piece of shit
>>
>>61159527
>im depressed
>>
>le covered Hotline Bling meme
>le SO BASED meme
>le Sufjan Has Talent meme

sure is leddit in here
>>
Confession thread? I've never enjoyed a Sufjan Stevens song.
>>
>>61159681
>Sometimes I wonder if pop music fans are capable of recognizing how predictable and superficial they are
Yeah, nah, they're not.
>>
Erykah Badu's Hotline Bling cover is the best one tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huGyh0rEZFM
>>
File: 26425413673214231.jpg (37 KB, 678x519) Image search: [Google]
26425413673214231.jpg
37 KB, 678x519
>>61159625
Jesus that's awful, and to pretend there's anything musical about random sounds is absurdly pretentious
>noise
>music
pick one
>>
>>61160946
If the artist considers it music, it's music.
You don't know the artist's intelligence and what they learned in their life, so why do you think that you're better than the artist?
Chances are, you don't actually know as much as the artist, which means you have no ground to stand on
>>
>>61159527
holy shit that laughing is so obnoxious. It's exactly that kind of fake laughing that screams "haha so whacky i can't believe sufjan is doing this this is exactly my kind of laughing we're so similar pls notice me senpai"

sufjan is probably a pretty fun dude but god damn his fans are the worst, right down there with DG
>>
>>61160946
Define music, objectively across all cultures.
>>
>>61160946
>Implying organized tuned sounds are superior to organized untuned sounds.

Seriously, it takes much more talent to make a noise track that people can enjoy than a "music" track that people can enjoy. The problem is that noise has such a low boundary of entry that anyone thinks that they can do it. Contact mic shit and white noise is on par with a college bro strumming out a cover of Wonderwall on his $50 acoustic guitar.
>>
>>61160946
Ah, this is the stupid smug comment I come to 4chan for.
>>
>>61161071
Not that guy, but it's organized sound (or lack thereof) over time and space.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.