[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's assume you met someone who never listened to music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
File: DanPortraitSFIV.png (119 KB, 674x695) Image search: [Google]
DanPortraitSFIV.png
119 KB, 674x695
Let's assume you met someone who never listened to music in his whole life.
You want to introduce him to music.

What do you give him? song, album, artist, lesson ?

inb4 a punch in the face
>>
File: TheGeniusOfRayCharles.jpg (54 KB, 705x700) Image search: [Google]
TheGeniusOfRayCharles.jpg
54 KB, 705x700
Probably this.
easy to listen, accessible, depending on what he likes in this album, we could follow on anything
Blues, rock, jazz, classical, soul
>>
come on /mu/
I thought you were deep in music
>>
I would start with some accessible alt rock and slowly move toward more abrasive then experimental music that's probably the best way to do it. I find that this is a good starting point.
>>
do a 360 and walk away
>>
>>61159983
kek
>>
File: Aftermath.jpg (172 KB, 996x999) Image search: [Google]
Aftermath.jpg
172 KB, 996x999
punch him in th-
>"inb4 a punch in the face"

FUK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYYTLJ8YHi4
>>
Twin Infinitives and tell him it's one of the easier examples of music.
>>
punch him in the ear
>>
>>61159433
i'd give him the RYM top listem 2bh
not really a drone, i don't like a lot of what's in the top, but it's a good start for someone who never listened to any music
>>
>>61159983

you meant a 180 (or a 90 or 270)
you're not here for math that's for sure
>>
>>61159433
I'll begin with some blues, and start telling him story of music...after 4 days without sleeping we'll end up listening Khanate.

>>61160502
>Newfag
>>
Young Thug
>>
Obviously give him the most underground foreign thing possible
Nothing will special after he hears it
>>
i'd probably do it the same way i was shown music, start with orchestral music, then introduce them to genres through bands that are widely respected among their genres.

i'd probably start on stuff like Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Strauss, Brahms, then introduce some obvious stuff to them like The Beatles, ACDC, Aerosmith, ELO. thinking about it, it'd make more sense to transition to more modern music with Big Band era groups. you really can't go wrong with Benny Goodman.

either way, i think that'd be the best way to get someone "into" music. give them a taste of everything, and then let them go on from there.
>>
File: a0518590423_10.jpg (401 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
a0518590423_10.jpg
401 KB, 720x720
start him out with the logical conclusion of music
>>
>>61161173
sauce?
>>
File: R-7139152-1434589401-6582.jpeg.jpg (177 KB, 535x535) Image search: [Google]
R-7139152-1434589401-6582.jpeg.jpg
177 KB, 535x535
>>
>>61161173
nvm already found it
>>
Strawberry Fields Forever
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.