[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people like Halsey?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: shit cover.jpg (65 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
shit cover.jpg
65 KB, 500x500
I think her music is below garbage-tier, but yet she has so many fans. Why?
>>
>>61154089
Does anyone except tumblrinas like her
>>
because 99% of people listen to music with their eyes these days desu
>>
it's the twitter "goth" girls I swear. I have a friend who loves her music and I asked her why she likes it and she literally told me because she's hot. I wanted to rip my face off
>>
I like the production and the vibe of the album
>>
File: 1449852578832.png (210 KB, 393x524) Image search: [Google]
1449852578832.png
210 KB, 393x524
>>61154089
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4bNeUc98l4
her fanbase are kids who are starting to get bored of one direction
basically 12-18 year olds. who are still uncomfortable listening too shit like future. talk about fucking them without a care in the world
or lana talking about fucking older guys for money
if anything halsey is their babysitter guiding them during their teenage years.
basically female virgins listen to halsey
>>
>>61155742
This. The lyrics are cringey but it's not what I was listening to it for. She's no Lana Del Rey, Melanie Martinez or Marina & The Diamonds but I liked it.
>>
>>61155796
But all those other artists suck ass as well....
>>
>>61155812
Oh, I'm sorry, I assumed I was talking to someone over the age of 12
>>
>>61155837
All of those musicians are teenage-girl core retard. Listen to more music
>>
>>61154101
Nope
>>
>>61155846
It's teenage-girl core for adults. There's nothing wrong with using music to reconnect with your youth.
>>
i actually think Badlands is the beest album released this year.

She hits me in the feels the same way Taylor Swift did when I was in highschool, except Halsey is able to articulate doing drugs and having sex as a part of her life and as experiences in their own right in a way that Taylor Swift hasn't gotten to yet. You won't hear Tsweezy talkign about drinking or tripping on LSD or "Rememberign the weight of your ribs as you lied between my hips in the backseat".

Shes nostaligia for 21 year old me.
>>
>>61155973
Well I understand the Tswift thing because I was the same way, but I think Halsey is just god-awful, and Bandlands is the worst thing I've heard this year, maybe even this decade.

But if you like it that's cool.
>>
>>61154089
I think the same about Bovvev
>>
>>61156056

Im not gonna say i like everything on Badlands, (i especially think the cover of I Walk The Line was terrible to close the album with and just a bad idea in general) but the majority of it I've come to enjoy and like, even if i didnt like some of them at first.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.