[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does /mu/ like The Byrds? what's their best album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: The_Byrds.jpg (39 KB, 507x627) Image search: [Google]
The_Byrds.jpg
39 KB, 507x627
does /mu/ like The Byrds?

what's their best album?
>>
>>61151462
They're GOAT

Fifth Dimension for me
>>
5th Dimension is their best objectively. Though I dig Ballad of Easy Rider
>>
Greatest Hits volume one and two. Has all the stuff you love, and does away with the filler and songs you'd skip anyway. Oh, who the fuck cares? The Byrds are great, and you should just buy everything they ever put out!
>>
Fave Byrds song? Would have to be Triad for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgfiN0rbdpI
>>
I appreciate them for their influence on artists I like but I'm not so much a fan of them. A little too American for my taste.
>>
>>61151956
Fucking this. Shame it was never released in its time.
>>
>>61152351
I know! Really think it was one of the best songs of the 60's. The Jefferson Airplane cover is really nice too. Can't go past the rustic feel of the original though
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
I get people heaps into Fifth Dimension cause the stand out tracks are incredible but I get to tracks like I Come And Stand At Every Door and just cringe it feels less timeless than the others, I think Turn! Turn! Turn! kills it all the way through nothing shows the best of folk rolk more than that album to me. Younger Than Yesterday sounds pretty damn great and fresh today too though. FUCK I LOVE THE BYRDS! I wanna build an electric 12 string as I can't afford a rickenbacker (in aus) and the alternatives are too shitty!
>>
are their albums from 65-68 all better in mono?
>>
File: 61XrvlhKKIL.jpg (108 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
61XrvlhKKIL.jpg
108 KB, 500x500
Sweetheart of the Rodeo is their best work. It's so totally disconnected from everything else happening around it musically. Clarence White and Gram Parsons added a lot to their sound.
>>
David Crosby ruins everything
>>
>>61152986
David Crosby was the best songwriter and most talented vocalist in the band what are you talking about
>>
5d, sweetheart is good, byrd brothers is good too. The first two are great. I'm a huge byrds fan.
>>
>>61153002
>best songwriter

who is Gene Clark?
who is Gram Parsons?

I mean David Crosby has a great voice and he's technically the best Byrds vocalist but he was also a huge asshole.
>>
>>61153002
lol, no. Roger and later Chris where the best byrds. DC is a joke and horrible and I feel bad for Crosby for having to deal with that coke fueled garbage for years.

Chris was a flying burrito and later started desert rose and is by far the greatest byrd.
>>
What do you guys think of the Crosby solo album If I Could Only Remember My Name? Don't see a ton of love for it on here
>>
>>61153078
yeah "solo" when you have the grateful dead and half of jefferson airplane playing on it...
>>
>>61153049
Roger's Back From Rio album was in heavy rotation for me at one point. Nice chill out type album.
>>
>>61153104
well yeah but you say that like it's a bad thing. Except for the Down By The River rip off there's some great tracks on there..
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.