[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As musicians, how is music now spread around digitally? If someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
As musicians, how is music now spread around digitally? If someone doesn't do live performances, how do they gain a following? There is a lot of junk on bandcamp and soundcloud, so how do some rise to the top through all the shit? Is this where physical releases can help?
>>
Bump, I am also interested
>>
>>61149680
you just need to spam it hard enough
>>
>>61149726
I am not sure this is the best approach though, would spamming it on different audiences different times assist?
>>
>>61149680
A combination of luck, derivativeness, and accessability for mainstream popularity. Nothing wrong with that.
>>
File: 1376345263927.jpg (37 KB, 720x479) Image search: [Google]
1376345263927.jpg
37 KB, 720x479
>>61149680
>If someone doesn't do live performances
Now I'm seeing your problem. If you want people to like your music, you have to bring it to them.
Videos are another option.

>>61149726
>>61149775
People hate it here (and with good reason) but this does work.
>>
Several black metal acts like being reclusive fucks and don't do live shows. Many of them don't even share the band members names and open lawsuits against sites that post their lyrics (see Gorgoroth) but still maintain a following. How exactly (or why exactly) they do that is almost beyond my grasp but I think it's all about getting the crowd strong and keeping grip of them.

For us to nowadays get out of the SC/Bandcamp cesspool that we share with one billion other people thirsty for success the only way is viraling your shit. I feel that despite this being as desperate as a leech biting a passing shark, we should try to call the attention of "biggies" out there. Promote videos on the internet (by putting money on them so people watch them), promoting that one song you know is the best song you ever made, making a dope looking video for it, and pray that maybe pitchfuck or fantano will get their hands on it, or that it will at least gather around a little crowd.

Trying to make it in music nowadays is much like having diarrhea in a public toilet. You can do it, it's easier this way, but it's also hard, scary and desperating as fuck
>>
>>61149806
even so, it appears that the spamming is just secluded to bandcamp and soundcloud threads, and the people that visit those change very very slowly since it is a circlejerk
>>
>>61149680

Create a memey music video for your song.
>>
>>61149858
It's not "spamming" in bandcamp and soundcloud threads. That's what those threads are for.

Also, you do know that there are places other than /mu/ on the internet, right?
>>
File: 005-bear_at_picnic_table.jpg (285 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
005-bear_at_picnic_table.jpg
285 KB, 1200x900
You have to learn about marketing, you are trying to sell a product, your music, research advertising techniques.
What kind of music do you make, who do you think will listen to it , boys, girls, blacks, whites, americans, who?

You have to craft your image and aesthetic to appeal to the people you target.

You have to make viral videos.

You need to get the popular blogs to talk about you.

What are your goals, to be a complete sell out top 40 pop act, to be le underground edgy man.

Craft your image and sound to this.
>>
>>61149680

the only thing you can do is make good music
and then someone might listen to it for a short period and then get bored and click onto find the next thing.
>>
They suck every publication's dick to gain exposure.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.