[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of Tool?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 236x289) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 236x289
>>
I KNOW THE PIZZA FITS
>>
they have some good stuff

their fanbase on the other hand...
>>
I was obssesed with them in high school and got some embarrassing memories because of it.
>>
>>61145077
pretty much this.
>>
>>61144958
I KNOW YOU USE REDDIT
>>
They have some alright songs but overall they're pretty oatmeal IMO
>>
>>61145077

Yeah, I quite enjoy their music, but their fans are absolute shit.

Judging from songs like Pushit and Hooker With a Penis, Maynard feels the same way.
>>
>>61145122

Me too now that I think about it. I did a lyrical interpretation assignment for English and I choose Eulogy. Oh god the cringe.
>>
>>61144950
One of the best rock/metal acts of the past 2 decades and anyone who says otherwise is in denial. The only issues are that practically every one of their songs is in drop d, they have a formula that they follow, the lyrics can be a bit edgy or pretentious.

Definitely a talented group of musicians. Their rhythm section is great, danny carey is an amazing rock drummer. They weave in odd time signatures to a pop music formula, which makes for excellent listening.

People say they are corny on this board, while I wholeheartedly disagree. Maybe in the early days (Sober), but they are far from a corny band, in my opinion.
>>
At first I hated them because I thought Maynard was an edgy fucker and thinks he's above everyone (because of the song Aenema mostly) but then I realized he's fucking around a lot and I like them now. I still think their albums are too long and somewhat boring, but they have plenty of good songs
>>
Jambi has become an obsession for me lately
>>
File: lel.png (236 KB, 943x668) Image search: [Google]
lel.png
236 KB, 943x668
Extremely overrated
I also hate the edgy factor the band has
Their songs are a fucking boringfest none of them need to be longer than 3-4 minutes
Just stupid redundant riffery with le so deep lyrics delivered in that irritating moaning voice
I quite like the interludes I guess at least they are somewhat fun unlike their music
DUDE LE ODD TIME SIGNATURES LMAO XDDD
Overall they are not that bad as I described them but it just triggers me because they are so goddamn overrated
>inb4 butthurt toolfags call me retarded
>>
>>61145318
>writes edgy lyrics
>people start calling him pretentious
>I-I WAS JUST FUCKING WITH YOU HAHAHA IN YOUR FACE L-LOSERS
>>
>>61145268
Same here. I wrote an 3 page essay about Third Eye. It was very cringy and pseudo intellectual.
>>
>>61145347
So the 14th best Progressive Rock album according to RYM is not even a Progressive Rock album.

I like Lateralus quite a lot but it shouldn't be on a same chart with King Crimson and Yes.
>>
>>61145470
I think that mostly because he does a lot of comedy sketches and is a really weird dude in general. Anyway, it's better if you don't take him too seriously
>>
Sober is a pretty decent song

Other than that they're total garbage
>>
>>61145347
>edgy
>le
>LMAO
>XDDD

yeah I think people are completely in the right to call you retarded.
>>
TOOL IS FOR FOOLS
>>
>>61145567
>he doesn't like memewords
>browses /mu/
wew lad
back to le reddit ;-)
>>
Not really a fan of tool but I saw them live and it was a pretty good show except some 300 behemoth knocked me over and the kid next to me just stared at his shoes the entire time
>>
Tool are too fedora and gay but APC are just enough buttrock for me
>>
Pretentious garbage for plebs. Opiate was pretty good though.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.