[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why not just listen to music that makes us feel good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: iu-4.jpg (933 KB, 1644x1756) Image search: [Google]
iu-4.jpg
933 KB, 1644x1756
Why not just listen to music that makes us feel good?
>>
Because you are wrong and you have bad taste
>>
Why not just jerk off
>>
>>61140727
why do you listen to music then?
>>
>>61140733
to brag about how hard to listen to it is to /mu/
>>
>>61140709
but what does it mean to feel gud fa m?

Lemme go try some drougs, after which I shall endeavor to answer the question.
>>
>>61140744
what's the desired outcome of bragging?
>>
>>61140709
Thats literally all I listen to

Classical. Stimulates my brain and makes me feel good.
>>
>>61140766
He was joking you knob. No one over 21 listens to music to brag.
>>
If people only did what felt good then they would stay at their home jacking off all day and getting fat
>>
music isnt a drug you dont just listen to it to make you feel good
>>
>>61140845
then why do you listen to it?
>>
>>61140709

What if sad music makes you feel good?
>>
>>61140845
lmao why the fuck else

THINK WHAT YOU JUST WROTE NIGGA FFS
>>
>>61140873
In which case, the people that listen to sad music to feel good, are no different than the people that listen to happy music to feel good. They're also no different than the people that listen to obscure music to feel intelligent, to feel better than others, ultimately to feel good. Except that last category really tries to complicate the steps to feeling good.
>>
>>61140854
>>61140883
to have a purpose to my hobbies instead of just dancing to pleb shit like a moron
>>
Artistic expression and experimentation.

Exploring how to evoke thought and emotional response through sound. Testing what can be made.
>>
>>61140942
Don't be stupid, if you have a set purpose that means you enjoy what you're doing and want to get deeper into it.
>>
>>61140883
Well, it really depends on what you mean by "makes you feel good." If by feel good you mean feel happy, then you're missing out on a really wide range of emotions that good artists can evoke. If by feel good you mean provide the sort of catharsis that those emotions can bring about then that's more respectable, but sometimes art isn't really about emotion at all. I rarely listen to some type of drone or ambient music to experience an emotion, but sometimes I just want to try and dissect the layers of the music and see what's behind the foreground. Art for art's sake, I guess.
>>
>>61140942
How does it feel having a purpose?
>>
File: 1450549774633.gif (3 MB, 359x202) Image search: [Google]
1450549774633.gif
3 MB, 359x202
>listen to music that makes us feel good
>>
Challenging art isn't about impressing other people, it's about exercising you brain and for the reward of understanding something you didn't previously. I enjoy new experiences and perspectives
>>
>>61140944
Does it feel good when music does that to you?
>>
>>61140733
What can be expected if most of /mu/'s users are just a bunch of 15 year olds praising Death Grips and then fell patrician about it like >>61140727

It's 2k15! listen to what you like without remorse or shame, seriously.
>>
>>61141056
Does it feel good shitposting like this?
>>
>>61140990
I meant the latter. Even emotionless art is enjoyable for its aesthetics and what the artist is trying to do. Makes you think why you're enjoying a specific sequence of sounds or the theory behind the piece.
>>
>all these big words to justify listening to whiny bullcrap
>>
>feeling good

pleb
>>
>>61141204
This. Everyone knows smart people are more often depressed.
>>
wait... I thought that was what we were doing.
>>
>>61141021
this desu senpai
>>
>>61141204
>pleb
indeed, feeling gud is of the most plebeian feelings. when you feel gud you are a pleb. plebs feel gud and what do you know about plebs: you know that there are many. plebs exist in the wild so then you can ask this question. would you rather feel gud or be patrish. to be patrish is not to be gud to be patrish is bad. to be patrish is must be bad because too many patrish are sad :( wah. but most of the pleb feel gud so they have something figured out, or no? that is the question. do you get it? The question to be is will be an answer, and the answer always comes from asking. so an asking has been asked, must have for there to have been an answer? so did you ask? then did you answer.
>>
>>61140709

>listening to music for feelings

It's not a fucking utility to be used for your convenience
>>
>>61142034
what do you listen to music for then?
>>
>>61140913
Not all experiences and emotions are the same.
>>
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 1500x1500
Every post in this thread better be bait
>>
Why are you guys so hostile to op's question? We should be able to discuss these sort of things.
>>
>>61143518
I listen to music that's obscure to feel superior to my peers. Happy?
>>
>>61143474
hard to tell desu senpai
>>
>>61143474
>>61144698
well it does expose how bizarre it is to make fun of people for doing what they like.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.