[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions? I've always dismissed Alt-J as shitty indie pop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: AAW ALT J.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
AAW ALT J.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
Opinions? I've always dismissed Alt-J as shitty indie pop but this album really grew on me recently
>>
Can't stand the vocals
>>
>>61135200
When I started listening to them, I hated the vocals. Then I kind of started getting used to it. They're quite good and have a great style. This Is All Yours isn't as good as And Awesome Wave tho. I saw them live and Joe (vocals) sang like shit but the rest of the band was perfect
>>
>>61135200
One of my favorite and most listened to albums of all time. I completely get it if people get turned off by the vocals, but to me it's a fucking modern classic.
>>
>>61135200
Great album
>>
Good album. Highly influenced by In Rainbows. It's good to see a band doing things a little bit differently hit the mainstream
>>
one time my friend put on tessellate, and i put it on 20 seconds later, and it sounded the exact same, just barely .
>>
Taro is a fucking masterpiece. His vocals are different, which is why people hate them. But /mu/ fucking adores Björk who is un-listenable for me
>>
>>61136224
No I think /mu/ hates them because they're vastly over rated.
>>
>>61135200
that album is very good
>>
>>61135200
I'm friends with a guy who adores them, he's a cuck. I don't think they're bad, AAW was pretty good.
>>
>>61136252
How are they overrated exactly? They have one well known album that has some good songs. If they were overrated they'd be played everywhere, which they're not (although I've heard one of their songs on a commercial)
>>
>>61136278
A band doesn't necessarily have to be popular to be over rated. They are over rated outside of the mainstream, kind of in the same way Chvrches is over rated.
>>
>>61136430
>Chvrches is over rated
what where
>>
>>61136450
Are you serious? They are fairly popular, and a lot of editorials praise them.
>>
>>61136530
So your logic is that if they are minimally praised they are overrated, but if a band like Radiohead that constantly has wet dicks from the saliva of every /mu/tant and critic out there, they aren't overrated?
>>
>>61135200
i love this album
>>
This thread is proof of neo-/mu/.
>>
>>61136950
been here since april

stfu noob
>>
>>61136835
No, I consider bands that receive excess praise without any merit over rated. That doesn't even really mean they are bad. Alt-J is good, but I don't think they are as good as people make them out to be. It's really not that hard to understand.
>>
>>61136192
what?

>>61136278
they're super tumblr core, they're pretty much one of the pillars of Urban Outfitters/Crosley culture so /mu/ kind of shits on them but if you look past that they're pretty alright

that said their first album is fantastic whilst the last one was pretty shitty
>>
I enjoy listening to Alt-J. I actually saw them live by chance it was fun. Hatters gonna hat.
>>
Love it but can't listen to it all the way through because it reminds me of my ex gf.

Especially something good and Matilda ;_;
>>
>>61135343
Agreeed
>>
>>61135343
>>61138177
Agreeed x2
>>
>>61138155
Actually exactly the same with me. She didn't even listen to alt-j, but memories of listening to them when with her are what get me desu.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.