[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Cage the Elephants new album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
Thoughts on Cage the Elephants new album?
>>
>>61116291
Not going to listen but I'll shitpost in this thread since Thank You, Happy Birthday was an enjoyable album for me in 2011.
>>
>Dan Auerbach production
why
>>
Haven't listened to it yet, but hey melophobia was pretty cool
>>
>>61116291
She's pretty.
>>
>>61116522
I agree, I haven't heard it either but melophobia had some really interesting songs, like telescope and the freakout halfway through teeth. after hearing that and trouble off this album i'm excited to see where they head next. i will admit i'm nervous about the black keys production though
>>
>>61116291
I find her pretty.
But that's cause I love numb-faced/bore-faced women
>>
It's so goddamn boring. I've liked everything up to this point but this is them at their very blandest.
>>
It's pretty okay, but I wish it was harder.
Why are there so many bands playing safe this year?
>Beach House
>Battles
>Deerhunter
>Sunn O)))
Seriously.
>>
Sounds like a shittier version of the black keys, which means its really bad
>>
>>61117377
>beach house
>deerhunter
Disagree.
>>
>>61117404
>>61117377
>Beach house and Deerhunter
>not already safe and boring
>>
>>61116291
I will never willingly listen to a Verb the Noun band but I have been following their album covers and I've got to say they may have outdone themselves again. I mean the last one was bad enough but this one... holy shit
>>
The cover looks like it got rejected from the Vampire Weekend fan club
>>
>>61117453
what about noun the noun bands like portugal. the man?
>>
>>61117492
Potentially, but

>punctuation in name

fucking dropped
>>
>>61117522
>Sunn O)))
>Godspeed You! Black Emperor
>Neu!
>>
>>61117635
Neu! I'll give you but Sunn doesn't really count since they're not being used as brackets, and GY!BE is fucking garbage
>>
>>61117384
>>61117242
I think seeing them live is really important to understanding them. matt (the lead singer) crowd surfs around 5 times and jumps around the stage the whole show. its one of the best concerts i've ever seen
>>
It's a kind of odd direction they took. Seemed a bit like dream pop to me. Not bad, just not their style
>>
>>61117635
Not him but I always felt like in GY!BE the guys couldn't come to a consensus whether they would call it "Goodspeed You!" or "Black Emperor".
>>
>>61117735
It's a movie you dip
>>
>>61117770
I know. Just telling my first impression
>>
Is it out?

I really enjoy melophobia, it was actually my favorite album for a few months for personal reasons, i haven't listened to any of the singles for this album, i kinda want to just listen to the whole thing.
>>
>>61117829
The singles weren't too great, 1 was pretty bad, 1 was pretty average and 1 was pretty good. I remember after i saw them perform putting on one of their songs was super exciting just because of how much energy they had at the show
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.