[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so what's pic related about I'd like to hear a /mu/tant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 400x396) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 400x396
so what's pic related about
I'd like to hear a /mu/tant explain it
>>
Having a threesome with Anne Frank's corpse
>>
The character falls in love with Anne frank after reading her diary and it gets weird and spiritual.
>>
>>61109439
Here's a long, in depth, multi-part analysis if you're interested. It's really good

http://gloriousnoise.com/2008/transience_and_transcendence_1
http://gloriousnoise.com/2008/transience_and_transcendence_2
http://gloriousnoise.com/2008/transience_and_transcendence_3
>>
The speaker is drawn to Anne Frank and loves her knowing that he can never have her.
>>
Why does the girl have a potato on her head
>>
>>61109601
IT'S A FUCKING BASS DRUM YOU MEMEING BASTARD
>>
does the album even mention anne frank? how the fuck is anyone saying it's about anne frank?
>>
>>61109741
semi-word of god, plus careful analysis of the various references in the album. There's very little doubt about it
>>
>>61109741
>There are lights in the clouds
>Anna's ghost all around
>Hear her voice as it's rolling and ringing through me
>Soft and sweet
>How the notes all bend and reach above the trees

also

>The only girl I've ever loved
>Was born with roses in her eyes
>But then they buried her alive
>One evening 1945
>With just her sister at her side
>And only weeks before the guns
>All came and rained on everyone

Also Jeff Mangum explicitly saying it was partly about and inspired by Anne Frank, and his obsessive dreams he had about her after reading her diary.
>>
>>61109800
Also if you read her Diary, you'll notice a lot of subtle things that may have made their way into the album

For instance, Anne many times talks about how she wants to feel Peter's cheek:

>I've never forgotten my dream of Peter Schiff (see the beginning of January). Even now I can still feel his cheek against mine, and that wonderful glow that made up for all the rest.

Which may remind you of:

>Don't you take this away, I'm still wanting my face on your cheek
>>
>>61109439
Isn't Two Headed Boy about
>boy fucks mother
>all is well
>mother has boy's son
>mother bangs the Boy's son
>boy gets jealous
>tries to kill his son
>realize that they are one and the same
>aka they are a Two Headed Boy
>live happily ever after fucking their mother

Thats how i interpret it at least. Its either really obvious and i sound like a douchebag, or im wrong.
>>
File: daf.jpg (442 KB, 2500x2500) Image search: [Google]
daf.jpg
442 KB, 2500x2500
>>61109739
>>61109601
it's a daf
>>
File: 1447905331765.jpg (396 KB, 1035x1035) Image search: [Google]
1447905331765.jpg
396 KB, 1035x1035
>>61110346
MY WHOLE LIFE HAS BEEN ONE GIGANTIC FUCKING LIE
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.