[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is a bad album. I might even call it one of the worst hip
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
This is a bad album. I might even call it one of the worst hip hop records of the 90s. It's too long, a lot of the songs are maudlin Boyz II Men style-shit, and the attitude it inspired may have killed hip hop.

Why do people love it?
>>
>>61083020
because it came out mere weeks after he died

seriously though puffy's bullshit is all over this album. hypnotize and kick in the door are the only really good tracks
>>
>Ready to Die
classic
>Life After Death
mostly filler garbage
>>
>>61083020
Dunno. I don't like it either, the production is unexciting and popish, the lyrics uninspired and sparse, it's too long, album structure is non-existent. Too much Puffy and not enough Puffy: too much of his style and not enough of his effort.
>>61083271
Kick in the Door feels like the skeleton of a track to me. A good skeleton, but it really needed fleshing out. Still better than most the rest as you say.
>>
I Love the Dough is a good song but even that is bubblegum pop. Any song where Biggie sings the chorus is automatically not "street".
>>
>>61083020
>I might even call it one of the worst hip hop records of the 90s
At least call it one of the most overrated hiphop records of the 90s. So much shit hiphop from the 90s that nobody ever speaks of.
>>
>>61083528
Good point.
>>
I got a story to tell is the GOAT track
>>
>>61083020
Listen to Ready to Die and nothing else by Biggie, one of the best hip hop albums ever, but this is no
>>
>>61083020
Nobody loves it. It just has a few more tracks from a life cut too short. If Big had lived, he prob would have steeped back from Puffy and made another good album or two with better producers.
>>
I Got A Story To Tell is good.
>>
>>61083020
All Eyez On Me had way more songs but had more listenable hits . This whole album was just a competition against 2Pac . One of the reasons why they made it a 2x album. As a Mafiaso rap album, I expected more mafia themes and less poppy songs. But it was the complete opposite. Doe or Die , OB4CL, It was written and Reasonable Doubt shits on this album . It's good, but not as great as people claim
>>
There was some good tracks, but not as good as the first album.
>>
Niggas Bleed is the only song on the album worth keeping, and probably one of Biggie's hardest songs ever.

But other than that, Life After Death sucked.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.