[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just a reminder that you cannot truly appreciate music without
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: 2028793_orig.jpg (36 KB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
2028793_orig.jpg
36 KB, 500x495
Just a reminder that you cannot truly appreciate music without an understanding of music theory
>>
Reminder that learning music theory makes you appreciate less music.
>>
File: homemade-folk-instruments.jpg (64 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
homemade-folk-instruments.jpg
64 KB, 768x768
Just a reminder that music, as well as true appreciation thereof, existed long before being put onto paper theoretically analyzed
>>
Just a reminder that i have these dubs.
>>
File: image.gif (7 KB, 339x333) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
7 KB, 339x333
>>61075759
And you can't fully appreciate theory without understanding the quadrivium first
>>
File: 2deep enneagram.jpg (122 KB, 900x890) Image search: [Google]
2deep enneagram.jpg
122 KB, 900x890
>>61075887
2deep4me
>>
reminder that there are musicians, legends, who have no clue about music theory

also, could you please explain what the circle of fifths is?
>>
>you have to be a writer to appreciate a book
>you have to be a director to appreciate a movie
>you have to be a painter to go to a museum
>you have to be an architect to appreciate the beauty of a city

this thread is dildo
>>
>>61075944
All of those are true if you change it to "truly appreciate"
>>
>>61075930
just google it you fuck
>>
>>61075971
i bet you truly appreciate cocks
>>
File: 1433029538472.png (58 KB, 636x674) Image search: [Google]
1433029538472.png
58 KB, 636x674
>>61075971
>truly appreciate
>>
I kind of agree with this. I didn't really understand or appreciate music that much until I started playing an instrument. Also, around that time I started getting into music other than pop, maybe because I began to like more complex music. So in a way, yeah I guess I agree with you, but also some people can definitely appreciate music without understanding music theory.
>>
>>61075971
I respect your opinion but I disagree with it
>>
>you have to be a chef to know if food tastes bad
xD
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.