[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, can we finally see this for the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2
File: Young-Thug-Barter-62.jpg (99 KB, 806x806) Image search: [Google]
Young-Thug-Barter-62.jpg
99 KB, 806x806
Now that the dust has settled, can we finally see this for the post-modern masterpiece it is?
>>
it's unironically an 8/10, fuck your "Frank Zappa of the 21st century" and "post-modernist" memes
>>
The track Halftime is already a fucking classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyCTZ8c-trc

But as far as a complete project goes, he can do much better

Still one of the best releases of the year
>>
With That and Check are the only good songs on this shit

Young Thug is all singles, his albums collectively are trash
>>
>>61069093
Nice uninformed opinion
>>
i agree she can do much better and she will, it was a way better listening experience than tpab
>>
>>61069285
>she
>>
>>61069093
those are the most pleb the only song worse than those is cant tell
>>
Numbers and Just Might Be are the best tracks on B6 tbqhwy senpai
>>
All of Future's mixtapes are better desu.
>>
>>61069553
whats your fav song off 1000
>>
Constantly Hating > Halftime > Check > With That > Amazing > Just Might Be > Dream > Never Had It > Dome > Can't Tell > OD >Numbers > Knocked Off
>>
with that is fucking amazing

Check is obviously the early centrepiece but like it's probably not the best
>>
thug verse on with that is his weakest on the album
>>
>>61068766
what aspect of the album do you think makes it a postmodern masterpiece?

It's definitely an incredible hiphop album and I think I can see an argument for young thug's fashion style etc serving as a subversion of the gender binary or something but like.... is there something i'm missing? genuinely interested.
>>
>>61069739
shit taste
>>
>>61069796
the raps
>>
Whenever a meme is invented a certain percentage of people here don't get the joke and take it seriously, don't make that mistake. I do really enjoy young thug music for his beats and his flow, he just has a natural talent for melodies and flows, but that's about it. The guy is a legitimate retard (see any interview) who happens to be very talented, that's it
People here just like to hype things up and put pretense and meaning in to things where there is none, and they like to put the word 'post' in front of stuff
>>
>>61069739

Check > Halftime > Never Had It > Constantly hating > Amazing > Numbers > Just might be > Knocked off > Dream > Dome > Od
>>
>>61068766
>SHEESH
>>
>>61070134
ya
>>
>>61070129
wheres with that
>>
>>61070176
not >>61070129, but I'd probably put it between Halftime and Never Had It
>>
>>61070083
>The guy is a legitimate retard (see any interview)
Uneducated does not equal retard, you're an example of an actual retard
>>
Young Thug is one of the worst lyricists rapping, he will never have a classic album cause the only thing he has going for him is his melodies/flows. He's popular now but he'll be forgotten a few years from now.
>>
>tfw i think the 2nd half is better than the first
>>
>>61070804
>Young Thug is one of the worst lyricists rapping

lmao is this pleb central?
>>
>>61069553
not at all
>>
>>61070817
>Has no good points so calls people pleb
thats the standard Young Thug fanboy
>>
>>61070804
>listening to young thug for lyricism
wew lad
>>
>>61070839
>thinking that excuses some of the shittiest lyricism out there
>>
>>61070828
His lyrical style stands out in a number of ways; the most obvious is his ear for figurative language. Thug’s similes often build upon familiar imagery, but move in unexpected directions. On “Check,” he opens rapping about a “Mink coat with the rolls like a Shar Pei”; later on, he raps, “All my niggas, they hard, call them beetles.” These aren’t punchlines intended to get rap fans doubling over laughing (although they can be funny in their unpredictability). Thug seems more interested in an original and idiosyncratic approach to imagery, in discovering pathways in language that haven’t already been heavily traveled.

In this, his lyrical approach is closer to a rapper like Raekwon than it is Lil Wayne, with whom Thug is frequently compared through some fault of his own. But any close reading of his lyrics suggest comparisons between The Barter 6 and Wayne’s Carter series, for which it is named, are a total misdirection. Where Wayne shredded his vocals against hip-hop’s formal constraints, Thug is a synthesist, a rapper of control, an artist in the process of reassembly.
>>
>>61070804
>Young Thug is one of the worst lyricists rapping
His lyrics aren't bad, just mundane

He uses a lot of similes, metaphors, images, and other rhetorical figures. Even if the subject matter is not of your interest, he's actually a better writer than A LOT of rappers.

http://genius.com/Young-thug-halftime-lyrics
Not necessarily one of his best lyrics, but it's definitely not something anyone can right

Notice the phonetic wordplay
>>
>>61070870
>His lyrics aren't bad
Every time I dress myself it go motherfuckin' viral
Pussy niggas stealin' swag, bring my shit back like recycles
I might ask her for some head
I don't know that ho, I act like she dead
>>
>>61070887
literally poetry
>>
>>61070870
> I want your pizza, Little Caesar's bitch
>>
>HOPPED OUT THE MU'FUCKIN' BED
>HOPPED IN THE MU'FUCKIN' COUP (SCRRRRRRRRRRRRR)
>PULLED UP ON THE BIRDMAN (CAW CAW)
>PRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
>>
As a whole album Barter 6 was pretty weak. With that and Check were one of very few tracks standing out.

Slime Season were way more consistent, possibly the best project he made until this day only by himself. Rich Gang The Tour and Young Thugga Mane La Flare (god, what a stupid name) with Guwwop were way better though.
>>
>>61068766
DOME is literally one of the best things Thug has released. Along with Numbers.
>>
>>61068766
He just speaking annoying words into the melodies.

You're literally tripping.

3.4/10
>>
>>61071072
you're a drake fan, dude

you have no authority to talk shit about thugger

>>61071059
barter 6 is his masterpiece
>>
Top 5 off Barter 6
1.Numbers
2. Halftime
3. Dream
4. With That
5. Check
>>
>>61071616
dream is fucking beautiful

it sounds like a r&b song
>>
>>61071622
Agreed anon. Really underrated track.
>>
>>61070887
>he thinks these are bad lyrics
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.