[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AOTY: 2014 Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 8
File: BLUE.jpg (303 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
BLUE.jpg
303 KB, 1280x1280
AOTY: 2014 Edition
>>
File: FKA twigs - LP1.png (367 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
FKA twigs - LP1.png
367 KB, 600x600
>>
>>61063317
you start
>>
File: st.jpg (203 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
st.jpg
203 KB, 600x600
>>
>>
>>
>>61063317
iamamiwhoami is so underated in most places it hurts. It usually has very little recognition outside of the usual "female vocalist" type of people and magazines even though the music and the visual project has more talent in each invidivual song than most popular bands/artists in similar styles has in their entire albums
>>
File: a2899397918_16.jpg (32 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
a2899397918_16.jpg
32 KB, 700x700
>>
>>61063879
Kin is one of my favorite albums of the decade so far. I have to admit that Blue was a bit of a letdown for me. It's still a good album. Chasing Kites and Hunting For Pearls are great tracks. I guess I was wanting to be blown away after Kin and wasn't.

And I do agree with you about how underrated they are. You would think every Bjork fan out there would be all over them but that just doesn't seem to be the case. And that online concert they did back in 2010 was one of the most amazing things I've been privileged to witness.
>>
>>61064036
I find that the problem is exacly that the average bjork fan is also an iami fan and thats about their entire fanbase. Just look at the different webpages and you'll se that very particular type of person who mostly listen to female artists, electropop and other synth variants among the ones that listen and discuss the music. They seem to have such a small range when the music is amazing and should be out there among the best visual projects of the decade.
>>
File: pinata.jpg (231 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
pinata.jpg
231 KB, 600x600
Best hip hop album of the decade so far.
>>
>>61064392
I think that's a stretch but regardless the man's voice is way better over oldschool beats rather than the trap stuff of his new album.
>>
File: homepage_large.9cda6f65.jpg (7 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.9cda6f65.jpg
7 KB, 319x319
Love this album. So respectful of it's influences it hurts.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.