[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you describe Unwound to someone who's never heard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: image_8.jpg (96 KB, 719x354) Image search: [Google]
image_8.jpg
96 KB, 719x354
How would you describe Unwound to someone who's never heard of them before?
>>
post-hardcore
>>
"I've never heard of them before"
>>
A more bleak sounding Sonic Youth.
>>
run-of-the-mill post-hardcore
>>
>>61052167
this
>>
Big Sonic Youth fan and I always see these guys compared to them (usually in a really elitist way). Do I start at the beginning?
>>
>>61052397

You start at Repetition. Seriously, no joke.
>>
>>61052167

Me again. I should add that I like Unwound more, but that I think most people could objectively say that the bass lines in Unwound are more inventive than Kim Gordon's style. I remember seeing her in an interview saying that she didn't practice, which got on my nerves. She always has come off as an idiot to me. Anyway, Vern Rumsey was an integral part of Unwound. His bass lines are very memorable
>>
>>61052167
Hm...yeah, I could go along with this
>>
>>61052488
this

if you want it more intense, go backwards, if you want it less intense, go forwards
>>
Why the fuck is everyone spamming this band all of a sudden. Yeah, they're a great band, but no one seemed to give a shit or discuss them at all until all of a sudden they're a quasi-meme.
>>
>>61052640
>everyone
this is an anonymous imageboard

it's one person
>>
>>61052640
it's to appease our overlord katie
>>
>>61052640
You're the problem honestly
Can't discuss anything with an above-average frequency without some guy bumping in and using buzz words
>>
>>61052640
Because it was an overlooked 9.0 p4k band until someone (with an identity on an imageboard) spammed it in order to associate it with themselves.
>>
>>61052645

Not the same person, but I agree with you up to a point. I've made many of the posts here. However, there has been a resurgence of interest in them probably due to their reissues on vinyl that have been warmly received by most, if not all, musical review magazines and sites. I don't see how that would not lead to reinvigorated interest in the band. That being said, Unwound are really a great band. Isn't that enough to justify the interest in them?
>>
Their early albums are all about bass, middle albums are all about the guitar noise and the later albums are all about the percussion

Y/N?

https://youtu.be/oxAv5THZJpQ
>>
I've seen people describe them as 'Sonic Youth meets Fugazi'. That's a pretty good description imo.
>>
>>61052695
Are you talking about Xus? I don't think it its possible to associate someone else's music with yourself, he's said that all he wanted to do was get people into the band and that's it.
>>
>>61052733
Where are they playing a bar?
>>
>>61052930
have you never been in a house ?
>>
>>61052067
Post-hardcore for people to mopey to like Fugazi
>>
>>61052550
This.
>>
>>61053148
That's worst though.
>>
Am I the only one who thinks Fake Train is their finest effort? Leaves is a close second.
>>
>>61052733
Where do you separate their early, middle, and late albums?
>>
>>61054299
I'm guessing middle would be fake train, new plastic ideas, future of what and repetition.
>>
>>61054186
Fake Train is just incredible.
>>
"Yeah they're like... Rock... but like not really at the same time you know"
>>
if i like hum, catherine wheel, and failure will i like unwound
>>
"boring shit, except their last album which is totally unique and should be heard by everyone"
>>
>>61055624
do you like Fugazi, Sonic Youth, and Pixies also?
If yes...then yes.
>>
>>61055624
no
>>
memerock
>>
>>61052067
West Coast version of Sonic Youth
>>
>>61052067
babby's first mature rock band
>>
>>61055775
I though that was radiohead?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.