[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://strawpoll.me/6269037 I'm doing this poll out of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: to pimp a butterfly.jpg (119 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
to pimp a butterfly.jpg
119 KB, 1000x1000
http://strawpoll.me/6269037

I'm doing this poll out of both curiosity and to potentially make a point depending on how polls turn out. Because a Strawpoll posted to /mu/ is super scientifically accurate.

What do you believe is the best song on To Pimp a Butterfly?
>>
>>61035276
Anything from the first half can be argued for really

This is like the most front loaded album ever
>>
File: k i n g.jpg (65 KB, 399x600) Image search: [Google]
k i n g.jpg
65 KB, 399x600
King Kunta. idgaf
>>
I'mma be honest, I mostly doing this to see how much discrepancy (if any) there is between critics lists and general opinions, since a lot of songs from the album seem to be topping year end song lists
>>
deez wallz
>>
Hood Politics t b h boo boo
>>
Am I seriously the only one who picked Mortal Man?
>>
>>61035614
Mortal Man for the actual song part, but the last 8 fucking minutes are so fucking stupid
>>
>>61035302
No it's not the halves are equally as good
>>
Institutionalized lads
>>
Every track is at the very least really fuckin good, but u (personal favorite), Wesley's Theory and These Walls kick everything else's ass
>>
>>61035413

Fair enough. Just wanna put it out there (in case this has a political bent to it), that critics' opinions have traditionally diverged from popular opinion.

In fact, a lot of this hullabaloo surrounding P4k at the moment has to do with a group of people who think P4k doesn't diverge enough from popular tastes.

Anyway, "King Kunta" is winning pretty handily. Makes sense, it's the album's main banger and a song that isn't very politically divisive out-of-context.
>>
>>61035302
Wtf first half is fuckin accessible as hell. Latter half is groovy and vibey af man.
>>
>>61035737
>implying accessibility is bad in any way
>>
Right

EITHER

The Blacker The Berry or I

... or Wesley's Theory...

or Institutionalized...

fuck i could prolly pick 2 or 3 more actually
>>
Damn, Momma has 0 votes. That'd be my 2nd choice.
>>
>>61035276
desu this is really difficult considering none of the songs stand out as a single apart from King Kunta maybe, and the album as a whole is so consistently good

i is definitely the worst track though
>>
either institutionalized, u or the blacker the berry
>>
>>61036129
Listen to the single version of i bro
>>
>>61036129
i is one of my favorites
>>
>>61036203

the single version was 20x worse than the album one

I wasn't going to listen to the album after hearing it but then someone told me he changed i and it's much better.
>>
>>61036203
>>61036341
This, the single version is atrocious, whereas the album version is just the worst song on a very good album
>>
LOVING YOU IS COMPLICATED
>>
Even though the votes are still low, How Much a Dollar Really Cost is great.
>>
>>61036129
I would say the worst track if i had to pick it would be Hood Politics
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.